1969 ***PLAYBOY PINK*** FASTBACK MUSTANG

CAMUK

Nov 19, 2009
This is mine and my dads pride and joy. We have been restoring this car for about two years now with what little time and resources we have had available. It is a 1969 5.2 litre V8 fastback Mustang which we shipped over all the way from Colorado (USA) to the docks of sunny Themsport (London). we have formed a company called CAM (Classic American Muscle) and hope that one day we will be able to restore these beautiful pieces of American history as a full time occupation. As for now the main concern is getting the company off the ground ie restoring this car to its full factory fitted condition and colour. This happens to be Playboy pink, not my personal colour preference but this is the original colour and also an extremely rare colour, rumour has it that this car was only issued to the rich and famous. Possibly the legend himself known as Hugh Hefner.. anyway this car is the result of a lot of hard work and struggle which we have faced these past years and someday soon will be restored to its original glory and hopefully be the platform and step we need to have our own garage. If anyone has any info on this car it would be greatfully appreciated as even the hardcore enthusiasts dont seem to own one and only know of its rarety in this colour.. YES ITS RARE! lol click on the photobucket link and check out what we have done so far.. Much love Paddy and Dave x

Car Details:
5.2 litre V8 Windsor Block
Vin Number: 9R02T123124
BODY: 63A (Standard Interior, bucket seats)
TRIM: 2A (Charcoal black, corinthian vinyl and charcoal black kiwi vinyl)
DATE OF REGISTRATION: 19th November 1969
DS0: 737479 (NO PAINT CODE JUST A DSO NUMBER - A SIGN OF A RARE MUZZY)
AXLE 6: 3.00:1
TRANSMISSION: 3 SPEED MANUAL 2.77:1

PHOTO LINK: Pictures by Paddylaidlump - Photobucket

• Sponsors (?)

Also judging by your VIN the car came with an inline 6 cylinder engine.

Here's what I came up with.
<table align="center" border="3" cellspacing="0" width="560"><tbody><tr><th colspan="3" align="center">Warranty Number: 9R02T123124

</th></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Year: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 9 </td><td align="left" width="400"> 1969
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Plant: </th><td align="left" width="70"> R </td><td align="left" width="400"> San Jose, CA
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Body Series:</th><td align="left" width="70"> 02</td><td align="left" width="400"> SportsRoof
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Engine: </th><td align="left" width="70"> T</td><td align="left" width="400"> 200 1v I6
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Unit: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 123124 </td><td align="left" width="400"> 123124
</td></tr> </tbody></table>

<!--- miscellaneous vehicle data table --------------------------------> <table align="center" border="3" cellspacing="0" width="560"><tbody><tr><th colspan="3" align="center"> Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

</th></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Body: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 63A </td><td align="left" width="400"> SportsRoof, Standard Interior
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Color: </th><td align="left" width="70">
</td><td align="left" width="400">
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Trim: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 2A </td><td align="left" width="400"> Black Vinyl and Black Kiwi Vinyl, Standard Interior
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Date: </th><td align="left" width="70">
</td><td align="left" width="400">
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">D.S.O: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 737479 </td><td align="left" width="400"> Salt Lake City (Special Order Unit 7479)
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Axle: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 6 </td><td align="left" width="400"> 3.00:1, Conventional
</td></tr> <tr><th align="right" width="90">Trans: </th><td align="left" width="70"> 1 </td><td align="left" width="400"> 3-Speed Manual </td></tr></tbody></table>

i stand corrected its a 5 litre v8 windsor block with a 3 speed top loader transmision.. it did originally come with a straight 6 and a standard 3 speed box which have long been sold.. thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated :) PS it was her 40th birthday yesterday! YAY happy birthday PINKY!

As for now the main concern is getting the company off the ground ie restoring this car to its full factory fitted condition and colour.

I don't see much value in going back to factory if you don't put the I6 back in it. I understand why you want the V8 for power, but pink doesn't go hand in hand with this image. Also, putting in a V8 requires LOTS of other modifications that won't be factory for THIS car. (Both suspension and drive train.)

I am hearing conflicts between factory condition/business and power/fun car to drive for you.

With the mixed signals on the motives for this project I would caution you to make sure you know what your goals are for this expensive of a project and make sure they are all realistic.

I am NOT saying you should change anything you are doing, but to just think about why you are doing it.

Good luck.

Playboy Pink was just one of the optional colors for 69 (and other years as well) It wasn't just for the rich and famous. There was a 68 Fastback near here that was listed on ebaymotors a couple years ago with the same color. This car had been in storage from the day it rolled off the transport at the dealer. Starting bid was $28,000. Essentially a brand new car. It didn't sell, most likely due to the color. Take your 69 and paint it the color you want. It's not going to be worth any more than any other restomodded 69 FB because of the color.

You're going to start a company restoring classic mustangs and you had to ask stangnet for help decoding it?

I thought that maybe another enthusiast out there who has been in the game longer than me might have some important info on the car to which i dont know of?
If you dont ask questions you will never learn, if you never learn you will never grow and if you never grow you will never become established...

So Being patronizing and sarcastic is of no use to me or anyone else for that matter so unless you have something useful and relevant to say I suggest you keep your childish comments to yourself.

And i would like to thank everyone else who has positively contributed information, im now wondering if I should restore it with its original engine and transmission and saving the V8 for another project? what you think guys? Oh and im not to sure on one of the previous comments made either, I dont know and have never heard of anyone ever owning a 69 playboy pink mustang so im sure that this car must have a rarity value.. so i wont just be painting it "any old colour"

Like I posted before, Playboy Pink was just one of the optional colors offered in the 60's. It is a somewhat rare color, but at the same time there's a reason for that. It's the simple fact that it wasn't a popular optional color then and the same goes now. There's no point in keeping it that color if you're not going to keep the rest of the car all original as well. And if you do and you're looking to score a killing on it afterward, you will have to look long and hard to find a buyer who wants it and is willing to pay a premium for it. Thinking about this any other way on this is just wishful thinking.;) You asked for opinions, like it or not, this is mine.

I thought that maybe another enthusiast out there who has been in the game longer than me might have some important info on the car to which i dont know of?
If you dont ask questions you will never learn, if you never learn you will never grow and if you never grow you will never become established...

So Being patronizing and sarcastic is of no use to me or anyone else for that matter so unless you have something useful and relevant to say I suggest you keep your childish comments to yourself.

And i would like to thank everyone else who has positively contributed information, im now wondering if I should restore it with its original engine and transmission and saving the V8 for another project? what you think guys? Oh and im not to sure on one of the previous comments made either, I dont know and have never heard of anyone ever owning a 69 playboy pink mustang so im sure that this car must have a rarity value.. so i wont just be painting it "any old colour"

Sorry I was just curious...most people that start up classic mustang restoration shops know mustangs forwards, backwards, sideways and then some. I apologize for my childish, patronizing, rude comments.

Since it isn't the original engine you will not be able to sell it as a "numbers matching" car. Since you are throwing a v8 in it, and it's getting a repaint anyways, there won't be anyone who wants to buy it because of its "factory originality." You might as well paint it with an attractive color that will draw attention of possible buyers rather than just drawing attention because its bright pink. If you want to go original that's fine but don't be throwing a v8 in it......