1982 5.0 A/C and Power Steering Delete

Hey Everyone,

Brand new here, and hoping for someone who has gone through the same thing I have.

I have a '82 5.0 that the power steering and A/C have been deleted. Basically I need the brackets and pulleys to replace the missing components.

I have purchased a couple bullit pieces from Late Model Restoration, but I'm missing the actual brackets. Can anyone point me in the right direction to what I need exactly. Another big piece is the belt replacement to go with it, so if anyone knows what length I would need, would be much appreciated!

I have included a few pictures of the setup and what pieces I have so far.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you want to add the stuff back ? I see you bought a smog delete pulley and a ac delete pulley which you do or don’t need depending on what the goal is here . Definitely don’t need the smog one

I’m unsure of what you want to do as well to be able to point you in the right direction

Do you want to add the stuff back ? I see you bought a smog delete pulley and a ac delete pulley which you do or don’t need depending on what the goal is here . Definitely don’t need the smog one

I’m unsure of what you want to do as well to be able to point you in the right direction

Hey TooLow!

I think you're right only needing the AC delete pully. I do not want to add anything back. Basically I just need the pulley to sit where the old AC pump was, so I can get a belt on.

LMR sent me this link, which is the bracket that attaches to the block, but is without mounting hardware.

You don't need any of those. Reverse your tensioner and just use a belt on the crank, water pump and alt.

You could even swap to a standard rotation water pump and use the tensioner as is.

There are aftermarket bracket setups designed for use for the crank, WP and alt.

Those "delete" pullies add unnecessary failure points. Also, you would need to add late model brackets that will clutter the bay and make it look ugly. If you haven't noticed, people want crazy money for them as well. The cost of the brackets and delete pullies probably exceeds the cost of a good 3 pulley bracket setup from march.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
You don't need any of those. Reverse your tensioner and just use a belt on the crank, water pump and alt.

You could even swap to a standard rotation water pump and use the tensioner as is.

There are aftermarket bracket setups designed for use for the crank, WP and alt.

Those "delete" pullies add unnecessary failure points. Also, you would need to add late model brackets that will clutter the bay and make it look ugly. If you haven't noticed, people want crazy money for them as well. The cost of the brackets and delete pullies probably exceeds the cost of a good 3 pulley bracket setup from march.

Speed doctor makes a nice one , Moroso as well .

You also need to make sure you have a manual rack and pinion. There should be no hydraulic fittings.

Hey! Thanks for the great idea. Do you know what belt size I would need then for just the Crank, Alternator, Tensioner and Water Pump?

Hey! Thanks for the great idea. Do you know what belt size I would need then for just the Crank, Alternator, Tensioner and Water Pump?

Too many variables. Pulley dimensions changed plus what method of bracketry are you going to use.

Best is to use string to wrap the pullies, measure the string and buy a few sizes to test and return the ones that don't work