1982 One Wire Alternator Upgrade Help

I have a free alternator from a late 90's chevrolet one wire. It seems to fit well. I would like to use it on my 1982 mustang. The old wiring on my mustang is confusing me. The old alternator wire connects to some fuse able links ( I think that's what they are called). I'm not sure how to rewire those with the new alternator. I see allot of how to with the 2g mustangs but not the earlier fox cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you know the output current specs are better than stock Ford and have had the alternator tested to make sure that it meets them, I would pass this up.

I have a free alternator from a late 90's chevrolet one wire. It seems to fit well. I would like to use it on my 1982 mustang. The old wiring on my mustang is confusing me. The old alternator wire connects to some fuse able links ( I think that's what they are called). I'm not sure how to rewire those with the new alternator. I see allot of how to with the 2g mustangs but not the earlier fox cars.

Really, really, bad idea. If you want a budget alternator upgrade, find the 3g alternator upgrade tech article and get a junkyard 3g alternator.

3G install into an 85 or earlier Mustang:
attachment.php

I would recommend the addition of a 2 amp fuse on the Light Green/Red wire that goes to the switched ignition.
I would use a maximum of 125 amp fuse for the output wire that connects to the starter solenoid.