Expired 1989 Mustang Gt/ 48k Miles On Motor/ Road Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky64

Feb 14, 2017
DSC01884.JPG
DSC01886.JPG DSC01887.JPG DSC01888.JPG DSC01889.JPG DSC01890.JPG

Hello Stangnet members. I have a 1989 Mustang GT for sale– So I built this car to race SCCA, but then priorities changed (kids). Motor alone was cost me about 8K with everything. It's a 306 Bullet block with forged crank, X-303 cam, GT40 iron heads, 10.5:1 comp, JBA headers, Cobra intake, 70mm mass air, 65mm TB, 24 lb. injectors and a 155 liter fuel pump in the tank. Motor was built by a company called Central Coast Mustangs, They told me it would dyno at 350 hp or so. It feels like it. There's so much more in the car. In all I put about 20K in it. The rear end is 327 ratio Strange ring and pinion set with Moser 4 lug axles. The rear axle is attached with BBK boxed upper and lower control arms. Driveshaft is Ford Motorsport HP aluminum with HD U-joints. The tranny is the stock T5 which has never been abused and the ratio is great for road track. I had intended to put a Tremec in it, but as I said, priorities changed. It has the Centerforce dual friction clutch set. Four wheel disc brakes by Aerospace components(they are still in business). Cobra big bore master cylinder and Stainless Steel brake lines. BBK Coil-overs in the rear with Koni reds and Monroe GPs up front. Lowered hi rate BBK springs. All of the rubber underneath was changed to Prothane except the rack and pinion set (I have those). It has the stock K member. The speedometer was changed out to a 140 mph when the motor was replaced (48K miles ago). Last I knew of the rules, the only thing you need to do to the car to go race is put the bucket seats in and the harness, I think they want an 8 point roll cage now and full sub-frame connectors. The car has never been crashed. All of the engine and exhaust components have CARB OE numbers except for the exhaust pipes. They have hi-flow cats in them but now it has to be a new H or X pipe set with pre-installed cats that have to be CARB approved. I have moved 3 times since I built the car and can’t find the folder with all of the CARB exemption numbers and receipts.

Things to be done:

There are some minor paint issues in the front bumper and a small dent on the roof. The tires flat spotted from sitting in the garage and there is a slight exhaust leak at the passenger side header. There are Stage 8 header bolts in place so I'm not sure why it started leaking. It's not bad, just a little pfft, pfft, pfft as it's running. It could use a new carpet kit (I was going to put a black kit in), and the driver's seat isn't in very good shape, but hey, slotted harness seats are much cheaper than they were back in the day. The car didn't come with A/C and I didn't really want it because I was building it for racing. There are parking brake calipers in place but the cable was too long so right now it is tied up under the car.

I really enjoyed this car. The power and the way it handles is a lot of fun but it's time to move on. I have the car listed for $7,000.00. I am located in Manteca, CA.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

DSC01884.JPG
DSC01886.JPG DSC01887.JPG DSC01888.JPG DSC01889.JPG DSC01890.JPG

Hello Stangnet members. I have a 1989 Mustang GT for sale– So I built this car to race SCCA, but then priorities changed (kids). Motor alone was cost me about 8K with everything. It's a 306 Bullet block with forged crank, X-303 cam, GT40 iron heads, 10.5:1 comp, JBA headers, Cobra intake, 70mm mass air, 65mm TB, 24 lb. injectors and a 155 liter fuel pump in the tank. Motor was built by a company called Central Coast Mustangs, They told me it would dyno at 350 hp or so. It feels like it. There's so much more in the car. In all I put about 20K in it. The rear end is 327 ratio Strange ring and pinion set with Moser 4 lug axles. The rear axle is attached with BBK boxed upper and lower control arms. Driveshaft is Ford Motorsport HP aluminum with HD U-joints. The tranny is the stock T5 which has never been abused and the ratio is great for road track. I had intended to put a Tremec in it, but as I said, priorities changed. It has the Centerforce dual friction clutch set. Four wheel disc brakes by Aerospace components(they are still in business). Cobra big bore master cylinder and Stainless Steel brake lines. BBK Coil-overs in the rear with Koni reds and Monroe GPs up front. Lowered hi rate BBK springs. All of the rubber underneath was changed to Prothane except the rack and pinion set (I have those). It has the stock K member. The speedometer was changed out to a 140 mph when the motor was replaced (48K miles ago). Last I knew of the rules, the only thing you need to do to the car to go race is put the bucket seats in and the harness, I think they want an 8 point roll cage now and full sub-frame connectors. The car has never been crashed. All of the engine and exhaust components have CARB OE numbers except for the exhaust pipes. They have hi-flow cats in them but now it has to be a new H or X pipe set with pre-installed cats that have to be CARB approved. I have moved 3 times since I built the car and can’t find the folder with all of the CARB exemption numbers and receipts.

Things to be done:

There are some minor paint issues in the front bumper and a small dent on the roof. The tires flat spotted from sitting in the garage and there is a slight exhaust leak at the passenger side header. There are Stage 8 header bolts in place so I'm not sure why it started leaking. It's not bad, just a little pfft, pfft, pfft as it's running. It could use a new carpet kit (I was going to put a black kit in), and the driver's seat isn't in very good shape, but hey, slotted harness seats are much cheaper than they were back in the day. The car didn't come with A/C and I didn't really want it because I was building it for racing. There are parking brake calipers in place but the cable was too long so right now it is tied up under the car.

I really enjoyed this car. The power and the way it handles is a lot of fun but it's time to move on. I have the car listed for $7,000.00. I am located in Manteca, CA.

Hi, my name is Robert love your vehicle would u be willing to take 5,000 if no I understand it's all I can offer now thank you you can email me at
[email protected] thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.