1989 Mustang Stock Maf Length

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, I'm just going to assume you mean the depth of the whole part here, measuring from the top of the part(black box) to the bottom of the diode that protrudes into the air box tunnel.

I will pop mine out tonight and measure for accuracy. It's like 2" just guessing though.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm just going to assume you mean the depth of the whole part here, measuring from the top of the part(black box) to the bottom of the diode that protrudes into the air box tunnel.

I will pop mine out tonight and measure for accuracy. It's like 2" just guessing though.

nothing to brag about if you ask my opinion...

I am looking for overall length of the sensor from inlet to outlet

@cohen71,

The stock MAF is:
4.5" long
front inlet 3.6" diameter
rear inlet 3.13" diameter

All measurements are +/- .002 to take into account the cheap Harbor Freight caliper I used...

Last edited:
Well, there you go, I took mine off and measured it for nothing last night. Same numbers. With the lips though where you attach the filter on inlet side and the tubing on the outlet side I measured dead 5" in total length.