1991 Fox O2 Sensors

Blueinfan

Mar 18, 2021
Temecula
Hi Stang Group!

I was replacing both 02 sensors on my project car, 1991 Mustang 5.0 LX. The one on the driver side was easy to replace but the one on the right-side beneath the passenger is a pain in the butt! The third picture (highlighted in yellow/red circle) shows what's blocking me from removing the other O2 sensor. Is this normal? When I purchased this car the previous owners told me that it was not in an accident. But the more i start working on it, the more i see it leads me to believe that I was a sucker!

So is that normal for the O@ sensor and looks like the piece off the tranny is coming out.

Attachments

• IMG_3320[1].JPG
    IMG_3320[1].JPG
    502 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3321[1].JPG
    IMG_3321[1].JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 67
  • O2.JPG
    O2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like the plate is bent a little bit. Not something I would be concerned with. Do you have an actual O2 socket, or are you attempting this with a wrench?

Kurt

If you haven’t already, do a CARFAX on your VIN. If it were in an accident that was reported to law enforcement the CARFAX will show this. Also, the CARFAX may show the shop and specific repairs that were done. If the CARFAX is clean than you can assume she’s good or that nothing was put on paper. It may satisfy your curiosity and tell you more about your car (good and bad or neutral). Signup online for 20 bucks and get your answers in 5 minutes. I find it to be a great tool.