1991 Mustang Won't Start

Jerry Clifton

May 11, 2017
I have a 1991 mustang 5.0. It well turn over and try to start. I've changed the fuel pump relay under drivers set. The ignition moduel on the distributor. I can only get to one injectors with out taking the manifold offf and it polsed ok. Can't check fuel pressure with out getting it running. I'm getting spark. New battery the
Plugs are wet

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a 1991 mustang 5.0. It well turn over and try to start. I've changed the fuel pump relay under drivers set. The ignition moduel on the distributor. I can only get to one injectors with out taking the manifold offf and it polsed ok. Can't check fuel pressure with out getting it running. I'm getting spark. New battery the
Plugs are wet
Jerry,

most of your questions can be answered by simply going to the technical page and scrolling through the how to threads.

In this case look for jrichker's crank but no start thread.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/technical-thread-how-to-index.808661/

I can build a drag racing engine with my eyes closed but these electronic are killing me. Thanks for your help.
I too was intimidated by the eec efi system, I was used to the old workings of the vintage systems but if I was going to beat the snot out of my foxbody then I had to learn how to fix it. After making uneducated attempts at dealing with a minor problem, mostly everything I did make my simple problem worse, I found this site and now I can fake my way into being a hero.
Thanks to the people on this site that have been there and fixed that I can find the answers to most problems that are self inflicted and sound a lot smarter than I really am.
You are in the right place.