• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

1993 mustang convertible Quarter Windows problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter als2018
  • Start date Start date May 30, 2019
A

als2018

Member
May 28, 2019
7
1
13
NC
May 30, 2019
#1
  • May 30, 2019
  • #1
I have a 93 convertible and both my back quarter windows dont move. I can hear the motor turning but they dont roll up and down. They have a bunch of play in them any clue what could be causing both windows not to function properly? Thanks!
 

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,147
2,777
224
Vass, NC
May 31, 2019
#2
  • May 31, 2019
  • #2
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6NQkk3ftA
 
F

firefyteremt

Member
Jun 3, 2019
16
12
13
NE Conn
Jun 4, 2019
#3
  • Jun 4, 2019
  • #3
There is some sort of rubber bushing between the gear inside the motor and the gear inside that drives it. I filled the gap with window uerathane it it works great.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Jun 5, 2019
#4
  • Jun 5, 2019
  • #4
firefyteremt said:
There is some sort of rubber bushing between the gear inside the motor and the gear inside that drives it. I filled the gap with window uerathane it it works great.
Click to expand...
You can buy the pucks that go between the drive gears at most any auto parts store.
Amazon product ASIN B002CXPTAEView: https://www.amazon.com/Bushing-Power-Window-Regulator-Gear/dp/B002CXPTAE
 
A

als2018

Member
May 28, 2019
7
1
13
NC
Jun 15, 2019
#5
  • Jun 15, 2019
  • #5
Thanks Guys! This really helped.
 
F

firefyteremt

Member
Jun 3, 2019
16
12
13
NE Conn
Jun 20, 2019
#6
  • Jun 20, 2019
  • #6
Hello all, I have had a nightmare trying to sort out these switches, but tonight I bought some parts from a donor car and scored both switches! The key to this was cutting off one harness which included the plug to the window motor. This gave the exact position of the wires on the switch for the motor (left and right center) and which pin was left without a wire. I have a good idea on the other three but need to check back at the master switch to make sure I am right. There are two wires with the same red/lt blue code. They go on the top and bottom left positions. I may update this when I get them working, but for now.... I REALLY wanted to get a photo of the plug with the wires in place. I honestly don't think this photo exists on the internet!
 

Attachments

  • 20190620_223605.webp
    398.1 KB · Views: 257
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Rear quarter window regulator
  • BADAZZOMBIE08
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
179
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Mar 29, 2026
BADAZZOMBIE08
B
S
For Sale 2007 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE/137,797 MI/ 20,000+MI NEW ENGINE/BRAND NEW TIRES/$4500 OBO/WAUKEGAN, IL
  • Savage21!
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14)
Replies
0
Views
128
S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14) Sep 10, 2026
Savage21!
S
J
Windows won’t go up when car is running
  • Jraesims
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
188
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 15, 2025
Noobz347
P
Crank but no start BUT no power to gauges
  • project_88LX
  • Jan 13, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
605
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 14, 2025
Mcmahst
S
Help with window and possible engine
  • StefRena22
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2025
Willybill32
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?