1995 Mustang Cobra.

Stang424

Jan 6, 2017
Problem with 95 Cobra. Car will not start after one day of not driving. New battery. Will start using jumper cables. Have kill switch for battery, but doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Try disconnecting the battery, pull the negative cable off.
I don't know how the kill switch is wired.
Test the battery with a volt meter when you disco it than again 24hrs later if it's good than watch for a spark when you connect it back up.

Try disconnecting the battery, pull the negative cable off.
I don't know how the kill switch is wired.
Test the battery with a volt meter when you disco it than again 24hrs later if it's good than watch for a spark when you connect it back up.[/QUOTE

Thanks for responding. Tried that and battery ok. Could bad starter be the problem?

Yes, if you have a fully charged battery and it will not crank it maybe a connection/wire, (including battery cables) or started.
I think there is a sticky thing on the tech section that will keep you from chasing your tail.
First thing I would look at is my wires and connections, but thats figuring you have a good battery, if I read your post right you jumped it and it started, was the battery dico'd over night and the car still would not crank without a jump?

Kill switch hooked on negative terminal, so I can turn it on and battery/electrical shuts off while car is sitting. When I turn kill switch off and try to start car, sounds as if starter might be bad (grinding sound and after a few tries starting car it goes completely dead.)