1995 Mustang GT convertible interior lights

hymansa

Dec 30, 2019
Tennessee
I have had this car since 1994, but it seems like it used to have more interior lighting than it has now. The map lights on the rear view mirror work and the lights on the vanity mirror work. However there are no convenience lights under the dash and none on the gear shift? Aren't there supposed to be?

I am not very gifted at mechanics. I think I could easily replace the convenience lights if they exist. However, I'm not sure I could do the gearshift lights.

One last things, is there a newer brighter version of the control center lights. My newer cars really have bright control panels. It would be great to be able to perk up the mustang lighting a little bit.

Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

Cheap underdash lights $10 at Amazon. Looks real good in person ,not so good in pictures. 90 convertible ,and these are the only interior lights I have.

Attachments

• KIMG0094 (2).JPG
    KIMG0094 (2).JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 93
I have to work on them . They came on one time and did not want to go off. Havnt fooled with them because I didnt want to kill the battery. This weekend I may fool with them. This thread just reminded me. Been three years suppose I should look. I want to get that kit on LMR to rebuild the window rails on the rears.

I swapped the mirror lights for leds, I have a write up on a thread,, I'll find it and post a link. You have to be really careful about removing the lenses, the tabs break easy.
Page 7

I swapped the mirror lights for leds, I have a write up on a thread,, I'll find it and post a link. You have to be really careful about removing the lenses, the tabs break easy.
Page 7
Looks good Ill do it Saturday. Hopefully I can find the bulbs in town

I got mine from LMR, they get them from Diode Dynamics if I remember right, both are vendor sponsors here, look in the vendors forums for a discount.
A few years ago we replaced some dash lights on a customer car with leds from the local parts store and some went bad a few weeks after install, chinee stuff you know.