• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

1996 Engine Code P1131 Driving Me Crazy!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sn95bythebay
  • Start date Start date Sep 12, 2016
S

Sn95bythebay

New Member
Sep 1, 2016
19
0
1
Sep 12, 2016
#1
  • Sep 12, 2016
  • #1
I have a 1996 mustang gt with 111k on it. I notice my engine code came on a few weeks ago and it was p1131 and p0131. I did some research and saw that this check engine light could be a lot of things. The biggest things people told me to check was for vaccum leaks clean your maf and the rear o2. I have no vaccum leak my o2 sensors are turned off with the tune I have and I cleaned my injectors and maf. My car runs the same when the engine light comes on and the same after I clear the code but the light always comes back on after 30 miles or so. What could be causes this light to be coming on? Thank you for your help
 
Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

mogs01gt

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
3,113
30
119
Ohio
Sep 12, 2016
#2
  • Sep 12, 2016
  • #2
https://www.ericthecarguy.com/obd-c...i-codes/239-p1131-oxygen-sensor-1-bank-1-ford
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0131-obd-ii-trouble-code-oxygen-sensor-fault

You rear O2s wont cause that error, its your front O2s.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
67
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
A
A/F ratio gauge install questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
88
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
squeak93
Engine Vacc leak detector
  • Creomod
  • Jul 19, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
174
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 25, 2026
Mustang5L5
T
Looking for some help with 2006
  • thedudeillest
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
622
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 20, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?