Good day,
Several years ago, a I purchased an 03 Mustang GT that had been sitting for 12 years. The previous owner had not registered it in his name and didn't know much about it. He was selling about 30 cars at auction.
When I finally got to the car, we drained the stale fuel, changed the fluids etc.
After adding fresh premium fuel, the car started immediately, but the engine light came on.
The codes came back as:
P1000, P0172, P0175, P1130, P1150 and P1152, which all come back to the upstream O2 sensors. I changed them and still have the same codes.
The car has a few performance upgrades which include:
A Vortech V2 supercharger with upgraded fuel injectors, BBK intake, K&N cold air system with Thompson intake pipes, Snow Performance water/meth kit, Diablo Mafia, no cats, rear O2 sensors have been simmed. The car is burning quite rich according to the installed gauge.
I went to a local shop, who suggested that I needed to replace the stock mass airflow sensor with one that had a larger throat, to move more air, but before throwing money (perhaps unneccessarily) at the car, I'm wondering whether the issue can be resolved using the Diablo Mafia voltage adjustment, to lean out the fuel?
I looked at purchasing a handheld tuner to resolve my issue, but the upstream O2 sensors seem to be tied in to the engine light. It seems the only option I have, is to reduce the amount of fuel being injected or accessing more air to the system.
I'd appreciate any advice in this regard.
Thanks in advance,
Ian
Several years ago, a I purchased an 03 Mustang GT that had been sitting for 12 years. The previous owner had not registered it in his name and didn't know much about it. He was selling about 30 cars at auction.
When I finally got to the car, we drained the stale fuel, changed the fluids etc.
After adding fresh premium fuel, the car started immediately, but the engine light came on.
The codes came back as:
P1000, P0172, P0175, P1130, P1150 and P1152, which all come back to the upstream O2 sensors. I changed them and still have the same codes.
The car has a few performance upgrades which include:
A Vortech V2 supercharger with upgraded fuel injectors, BBK intake, K&N cold air system with Thompson intake pipes, Snow Performance water/meth kit, Diablo Mafia, no cats, rear O2 sensors have been simmed. The car is burning quite rich according to the installed gauge.
I went to a local shop, who suggested that I needed to replace the stock mass airflow sensor with one that had a larger throat, to move more air, but before throwing money (perhaps unneccessarily) at the car, I'm wondering whether the issue can be resolved using the Diablo Mafia voltage adjustment, to lean out the fuel?
I looked at purchasing a handheld tuner to resolve my issue, but the upstream O2 sensors seem to be tied in to the engine light. It seems the only option I have, is to reduce the amount of fuel being injected or accessing more air to the system.
I'd appreciate any advice in this regard.
Thanks in advance,
Ian