1998 mustang 3.8

So I bought a 1998 3.8 to use as a donor car for a classic truck i'm scratch building. I removed the engine, trans, all wiring, steering and pedals and transplanted them in the truck. I installed a brand new fuel cell, pump, filter, lines. The fuel pump is direct wired and so is the push button start. The truck (mustang) will start when I spray fluid in the TB and will run for a few seconds, and even rev when I give it gas (by pulling the throttle cable manually)... I'm not sure what the issue is. Vacuum? Computer? any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

So I bought a 1998 3.8 to use as a donor car for a classic truck i'm scratch building. I removed the engine, trans, all wiring, steering and pedals and transplanted them in the truck. I installed a brand new fuel cell, pump, filter, lines. The fuel pump is direct wired and so is the push button start. The truck (mustang) will start when I spray fluid in the TB and will run for a few seconds, and even rev when I give it gas (by pulling the throttle cable manually)... I'm not sure what the issue is. Vacuum? Computer? any thoughts?

So this is where all us "wing it" people go lol your not getting gas is the fuel pump direct to the battery? cause if not you might have it wired to the ignition side which cuts off while starting start there is what I'm thinking

Can you keep it running while revving it like as long as you like if not do you have (forget what there called) but like a pressure regulator reserve in the fuel line ill post a pick since im sure I'm saying its name wrong. And is it still fuel injected or did you carb it cause then ide say your carb needs adjustment hard to say whats wrong without seeing/hearing what's its doing

Whoops forgot the pic

Attachments

• 20190125_093747.jpg
    20190125_093747.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 119
I can get at least one "rev" buy pulling the throttle cable, then it dies. Everything is original stock. The only new stuff is the fuel lines, filter, pump and tank. All the lines running to and from the motor are original. The lines I added just connect into the system on the motor.