• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

1999 mustang gt bad ideling

  • Thread starter Thread starter drroman
  • Start date Start date May 20, 2020
D

drroman

New Member
May 20, 2020
1
0
1
Guyton Georgia
May 20, 2020
#1
  • May 20, 2020
  • #1
Hey so I'm new to stangnet and I've been having problem with my 1999 ford mustang gt. 1st my coolant/radiator light is on and don't know what's the cause of that 2nd when I turn on my car it idels around 1k but once I time on the Ac it drops to like 500 rpms or sometimes lower to where it might stall another problem I have is my a.c. works but it only comes out the defrost ventsit does blow from the normal vents no matter what setting I have it on please help I've been trying to find this problem for a week now thanks!!
 

02vertable

Member
Aug 7, 2018
50
3
8
Queen creek Arizona
May 24, 2020
#2
  • May 24, 2020
  • #2
drroman said:
Hey so I'm new to stangnet and I've been having problem with my 1999 ford mustang gt. 1st my coolant/radiator light is on and don't know what's the cause of that 2nd when I turn on my car it idels around 1k but once I time on the Ac it drops to like 500 rpms or sometimes lower to where it might stall another problem I have is my a.c. works but it only comes out the defrost ventsit does blow from the normal vents no matter what setting I have it on please help I've been trying to find this problem for a week now thanks!!
Click to expand...

Theres plenty of posts and even a sticky on this forum about your idle issues. As for your ac only coming out the defroster, could be a vacume leak or a stuck blend door.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
98 Mustang GT dying
  • ItsMason
  • May 14, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
191
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
D
AC Circulation
  • Dtn520
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
127
The Welcome Wagon Jun 27, 2026
LILCBRA
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
247
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
S
Oil cooler delete 4v 4.6 1999 cobra mustang
  • sami12
  • Feb 24, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
392
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 25, 2026
GOvert
G
O
2001 mustang gt overheating
  • orinsmiley11
  • Jul 17, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
384
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 17, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?