2.3 non turbo into turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

I was told that it was possible to take the turbo out of an Eagle Talon and it'd drop right in... not saying it will work, haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking at what it would take to make mine a turbo too

I was told that it was possible to take the turbo out of an Eagle Talon and it'd drop right in... not saying it will work, haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking at what it would take to make mine a turbo too

Sure it's "possible" except for the fact that a turbo from a talon would have an oddball turbo flange, and your engine won't handle boost worth a crap.

yeah, your best bet is to rob an engine from either a turbo coupe or one of the svt mustangs that have the turbo already. then you have everything you need, engine, turbo, wiring harness, and all other parts of the drive line. I have found some of these at junk yards and can usually get the entire car for $500-$1000 which is still way less than if you tried to find or buy a kit, and you know everything would match up rather than spending time and money trying to get a different turbo to fit, and rebuilding the engine to make it all work.

yeah, your best bet is to rob an engine from either a turbo coupe or one of the svo mustangs that have the turbo already. then you have everything you need, engine, turbo, wiring harness, and all other parts of the drive line. I have found some of these at junk yards and can usually get the entire car for $500-$1000 which is still way less than if you tried to find or buy a kit, and you know everything would match up rather than spending time and money trying to get a different turbo to fit, and rebuilding the engine to make it all work.

Fixed it for you. However if this kid rips apart a good condition SVO to build this mustang I will strangle you with a set of honda spark plug wires!