$2.39 a gallon of gas B^&*S#$%

BELL

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2002
California
Is it only california thats being bent over and screwed (minus lube) on gas or is this another OPAC conspearicy? I thought that was the reason we bombed Iraq in the first place, stupid people with all there damn oil...

:shrug: :bang:
Sorry just venting....

Whats everyone pay for premium in your area?

• Sponsors (?)

Gas is high all over and it's suppose to get much worse for the summer. Premum here is 1.85 right now. Fortunatly for me, regular works fine.
Yes, Opec cut production which is making gas go up. Yes, we attacked Iraq which killed thier oil producting ability for a while thus higher immidiate prices. Yes, there are FAR to many people with huge ass SUV's getting 10mpg.

Yeah, $2.40 for premium up here in the bay area, and it's only 91 octane! There are many factors contributing to these exhorbanant prices. Granted, the OPEkker's cut production and we wasted Iraq, but one other major factor is, we just don't have enough refineries. My numbers might be off, but I heard we only have 13 major oil refineries in the U.S. On second thought, maybe that was 13 in California. I can't remember. Anyhow, we don't have enough! Everyone one of them is running at 100% production and even then they're not able to keep up with demand. Then they have to buy oil on the spot market, just to keep up, and that's ultra expensive.
The problem is, they need 100 acres to build a new refinery, and nobody wants one in their backyard. That combined with, it might upset the mating rituals of the bugeyed salamander or it promotes erosion or whatever BS the tree huggers can come up with! Add it all up and middle america is going broke just trying to drive from point A to point B.

Hey, here's a thought, we already have a serious military presence in the middle east, let's just take what we need! Isn't that what the Romans did?

Don't pay me no never mind. I'm just venting and talking out of my ass! (But it sure feels good!) :lol: :flag:

http://www.denvergasprices.com/

I've been seeing about $1.80's for premium, which I have to run. Gonna change the plats out for coppers pretty soon and get Motorcraft wires....I doubt that'll do much with the detonation, but we can see. I have to run premium or I get massive detonation, and I don't know how to fix it. :mad:

Ash

im currently drilling for oil locally, ive given up on foriegn sources!
drillingforoil.jpg

if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself

Attachments

• drillingforoil.jpg
    drillingforoil.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 89
Asha'man said:
http://www.denvergasprices.com/

I've been seeing about $1.80's for premium, which I have to run. Gonna change the plats out for coppers pretty soon and get Motorcraft wires....I doubt that'll do much with the detonation, but we can see. I have to run premium or I get massive detonation, and I don't know how to fix it. :mad:

Ash

You try checking your timing?