2000 Cobra R question

Sparty92

Jul 30, 2007
Detroit Burbs
This is posted in the SVT forum too, but I don't know how many of you guys look through there...and you might be able to help me!

My friend is looking to buy a 2000 Cobra R, and I'm trying to find out what it might be worth.

It's all original, 1 owner car (dealer owned, I think). The mileage is about 1,500 or so.

It's actually at a Ford dealer in the used car section (indoors, anyway)...and they are asking $46K or so.

Anyone have some thoughts as to the value of this car? The number is #158 or something (the 150s, anyway....LOL).

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

that's true... only made 300 of them and the list price was $54,995 in 2000. With only 300 being built...that car is a collectors piece and is probably priced over 30 or 40 thousand dollars!!! They are very rare. Now either they don't know what they have (ford dealer so I doubt it) or it is not a true 2000 Cobra R. So...Caveat emptor...that's Latin for "Let the buyer beware"

that's true... only made 300 of them and the list price was $54,995 in 2000. With only 300 being built...that car is a collectors piece and is probably priced over 3 or 400 hundred thousand dollars!!! They are very rare. Now either they don't know what they have (ford dealer so I doubt it) or it is not a true 2000 Cobra R. So...Caveat emptor...that's Latin for "Let the buyer beware"

Ummmm....

The car IS a 2000 Cobra R. Yes, they only made 300 of them. I've seen this car in person. I'm not sure where you get a price of $300K for that car, but that's a bit out of line.

Barrett-Jackson sold the #2 car (Ford's car)...in 2009.....for....$66,000.00

They have the car listed on Autotrader.com for $44,9XX right now.

Thanks for the comment though. :)

Ummmm....

The car IS a 2000 Cobra R. Yes, they only made 300 of them. I've seen this car in person. I'm not sure where you get a price of $300K for that car, but that's a bit out of line.

Barrett-Jackson sold the #2 car (Ford's car)...in 2009.....for....$66,000.00

They have the car listed on Autotrader.com for $44,9XX right now.

Thanks for the comment though. :)

sorry my bad...i meant 30 to 40 thousand over the list...not hundred thousand.

While certainly a cool piece of SVT history, and a great handling car with rarity on its side, they are not very good long distance (or even daily) drivers (no a/c, no radio, no sound deadening, etc.) and there are faster Mustangs being made by Ford today for the same or less money. I've had a couple of friends who've owned '00 R's, and the luster seems to wear off after awhile unless you make it a track-only car.