2000 GT stereo

Susposedly I have the Mach 460 system but I think it’s been modified. Every video I see shows 3 connections. 1- 8 pin connection, 1 flat unit connector, antenna

Mine has 5... I have 2 separate 8 pin connectors, the flat primary, antenna, and another flat one I don’t know ... anyone know why??? I’m in process of replacing my stock stereo but now have to order more pieces
4CEC4A5B-6160-4CBD-A2F1-F2D96831263C.jpeg
FF320586-A335-4924-A2B0-8A4BFCC70E4F.jpeg
ED264414-6D3C-45AF-8FE0-ADB090FF79A0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a 2000 GT with the Mach sound system. The original set up had a separate CD player. The two square connectors in the 3rd picture are for the separate CD player.

The single connector black wire with a white stripe is a ground. Usually there's a spade lug somewhere on the replacement radio. Expect problems if the ground isn't hooked up.

I have an after market head unit with blue tooth hands free dialing. I LOVE it. I can't say enough about the help I got from www.crutchfield.com regarding which adapter needed to easily install the new head unit.

In my case the replacement single DIN head unit had a CD player. So the separate CD player wasn't needed. I took out the separate CD player and replaced with a "blank" cubby holder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user