• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

2000 GT stereo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Northwest_stang
  • Start date Start date Jan 1, 2019
N

Northwest_stang

Member
Dec 30, 2018
89
9
18
Medford, OR
Jan 1, 2019
#1
  • Jan 1, 2019
  • #1
Susposedly I have the Mach 460 system but I think it’s been modified. Every video I see shows 3 connections. 1- 8 pin connection, 1 flat unit connector, antenna

Mine has 5... I have 2 separate 8 pin connectors, the flat primary, antenna, and another flat one I don’t know ... anyone know why??? I’m in process of replacing my stock stereo but now have to order more pieces
 
Last edited: Jan 1, 2019

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Jan 2, 2019
#2
  • Jan 2, 2019
  • #2
I have a 2000 GT with the Mach sound system. The original set up had a separate CD player. The two square connectors in the 3rd picture are for the separate CD player.

The single connector black wire with a white stripe is a ground. Usually there's a spade lug somewhere on the replacement radio. Expect problems if the ground isn't hooked up.

I have an after market head unit with blue tooth hands free dialing. I LOVE it. I can't say enough about the help I got from www.crutchfield.com regarding which adapter needed to easily install the new head unit.

In my case the replacement single DIN head unit had a CD player. So the separate CD player wasn't needed. I took out the separate CD player and replaced with a "blank" cubby holder.
 
Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
Reactions: Northwest_stang

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Jan 3, 2019
#3
  • Jan 3, 2019
  • #3
+1 On Crutchfield
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
376
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
F
Electrical From scratch: alternator wiring
  • fox racer v2
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
639
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2025
fox racer v2
F
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
G
79 steering rack problems
  • garyrc
  • Mar 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
168
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 8, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?