2000 Mustang GT Auto 0-60

thinkalert

Nov 8, 2003
What would you guys guess a stock 2000 GT auto would run 0-60 in? I'm trying to get an idea how big of a difference my mods have made...

stang1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i actually timed myself. its 5.8 and then 5.9, That with stepping on the brakes while hitting the gas and letting go of the brakes. Id guess different times with different launching.

Shift Kit

Go to tccoa.com. Do the Jerry Mod (J-Mod). The guy who wrote this was an engineer who was instumental in our Automatics design. he also has a good educational area on them as well. You need to read this because the 98 up went to a different electronic setup and you can cause sever damage if you use other kits. This is explained here. I have heard allot of horror stories about TransGo on all of the Stang forums so i would steer clear of them. The J-Mod will give you instructions & diagrams on how to do it. I did it myself 10 months ago with no problems. It has been by far my best bang for the buck mod to date. I have a 215hp 97 with a few bolt ons and can get 12 ft of rubber on 1-2 shifts at WOT but can drive easy and a passenger would never know it was modded. Perfect. I have not raced it yet but I guarantee it is worth 2 tenths easily. I have read this to be pretty accurate by other guys who have done this.

I did the Top Blue Accumulator Spring and no lower in 1-2, No Springs in 3-4 and went with the mild under 300hp drilling. You will understand this after reading the site. All parts are from Ford and drill bits are bought at a tool store or Sears. Total cost for parts - 35.00 Fluid 13 qts of DexronV 40.00.
PM me if you have any questions.

thinkalert said:
5.9 sounds a lot better to me than 6.5, that really crapped me out. How big of a diference does a shift kit make? Whats a good one? Cost?