2000 Mustang GT CCRM/Fuel Pump issue

There should be +12 volts at the IFS switch anytime the key is in run. If there is +12 volts, the CCRM is OK and the problem is elsewhere.

This is measured between ONE of the 2 wires and a good ground, correct? the other wire would show 0 volts as it would only have voltage passed through it by the switch? Please advise & Thanks:)

• Sponsors (?)

This is measured between ONE of the 2 wires and a good ground, correct? the other wire would show 0 volts as it would only have voltage passed through it by the switch? Please advise & Thanks:)
This test is done between the IFS switch an a KNOWN good ground.

It does not make any sense to perform a voltage test across a switch. If the switch is closed it will always read near zero (unless there's a high resistance fault inside the switch).

If there is voltage on one side if the IFS but not the other, likely this means that the IFS is open inside.

This test is done between the IFS switch an a KNOWN good ground.

It does not make any sense to perform a voltage test across a switch. If the switch is closed it will always read near zero (unless there's a high resistance fault inside the switch).

If there is voltage on one side if the IFS but not the other, likely this means that the IFS is open inside.

Thanks for the sanity check, I was measuring with the connector unplugged from the IFS so I would only see +12 on the side going to the switch and since unplugged nothing on the other side being that the switch wasnt in the circuit - right?

GM I have a 2000 3.8 convertible with a no fuel condition after coming out of 6 months storage. Fired right up to bring it into the daylight, ran for about 15 minutes flawlessly before i shut it down. few hrs later good crank, no fuel. No fuel exited schrader valve when depressed. Tank is FULL of fuel with Seafoam fuel treatment added last fall. Connector at rear bumper, there is 12v on pin located on "top row of 4 male pins" 2nd from the left when looking at the pins. when my helper pulled/replaced the F.P fuse under the hood, the power to this pin mirrored the fuse position. as in, fuse out no voltage, fuse in 12v. i applied 12v power to the pump side female connector which should be second from the right when looking at the pins. and grounded the second pin from the left with no resulting pump operation. Since I have 12v at the body side of the connector and that ground pin appears to be good based on test light function when probing both of those 2 inside pins together the problem is in the pump harness or the pump itself correct? or was i using the wrong pin for F.P ground in that connector?

New Spectra pump # SP2244M helped me confirm 2 center pins are the red & black fuel pump wires.

Attachments

• SP2244M connector.jpg
    SP2244M connector.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 72
  • SP2244M pump end.jpg
    SP2244M pump end.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 63
  • SP2244M wires.jpg
    SP2244M wires.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 66