2001 ford mustang/anti theft problem

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me with my car. I have a 2001 ford mustang and my anti theft light came on for no reason and it cranks but it won't start. I'm having a hard time with this. It has been like this for about 3 weeks now. I dont know what to do can anyone help me please.

• Sponsors (?)

Go through this "crank with no start" check list and post the results.

There's a TON of information in this check list. Pay attention to the details of what the various tests are trying to tell you. Bottom line is don't assume this is a PATS problem as there are several PCM power/ground issues that can CAUSE an apparent PATS issue.

1996+ Crank with no start check list

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me with my car. I have a 2001 ford mustang and my anti theft light came on for no reason and it cranks but it won't start. I'm having a hard time with this. It has been like this for about 3 weeks now. I dont know what to do can anyone help me please.

First thing I would do is check the wires going to the anti-theft reader on the ignition. If you use the tilt function on your wheel a lot it can pull the wires out of the connector and cause the theft light and a No start condition.