Engine 2001 Starting Issues.

• Sponsors (?)

I couldn't hear the video on the computer at my job. I will listen again when I get home and see if I can help you. How is your fuel looking? Are you getting adequate pressure? How old is that fuel filter? Also, do you prime the lines before you start the engine? It always irks me when I see someone just stick the key in and turn it all the way. I always make a habit of turning the key to the "On" position and waiting for the fuel pump to cycle on and pressurize the lines. Whenever my car has sat for extended periods of time, I will do this 2-4 times before actually starting the car. At the very least you should do it and listen to make sure the fuel pump is actually cycling on. Hopefully some others will have some ideas to help you out...

Thanks for the reply! I do cycle the pump and that's when it seems to do it most. I have a fuel pressure gauge and it always seems to read normal on startup. As far as fuel filter it's about 6 months old. I run 89 octane fuel and fill at the same station every fill up. Only questions I have is holding pressure for the pump if I turn the key but not start it. Does the pump kick off once the system detects a no start? Reason why I ask is my pressure will drop all the way to 0 if I turn key but don't start.

I never checked what happens to the line pressure if you turn the key but don't start the engine. How are the plugs looking? Have you tried checking some of the sensors? Maybe the IAC sensor?

Back about 7 months ago I had a chug at around 30-35 mph. During that run I pretty much changed every sensor and plugs, but ill pull them and have a look see. that chug turned out to be a valve body issue. Although the iac I never changed. I'll swap it out tomorrow cause I'm off and I'll keep you informed. Also I'll note... Had a fellow mustang owner and coworker say he had a similar problem turned out to be a leaking injector! Here is to trouble shooting! "Insert beer" lol