2002 convertible top

Nadine9516

Jan 10, 2019
Groves, Texas
I have a 2002 convertible and the top material is hanging lower on the drivers side preventing me from shutting the door while the window is fully raised. Ive tried adjusting windows and top frame but nothing works. Did i miss something or not do something correctly? Here are pics with the door closed and open.
20190118_202357.jpg
20190118_202340.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. Ive done all of that. I noticed a few days ago when i was standing behind it that the whole top material looks like it is more to the left but the frame seemed pretty straight. Is there a way to adjust only the vinyl? Thanks.

I put a post on here about my top not closing all the way on my 2000. I have checked the Hydraulics and disconnected the cylinders and still cannot close the top. I read the post about adjusting it. Could you be more specific I am not sure what rod you are talking about. I have the trim panels off. I also have a 98 with the same problem Nadine9516 has so I am interested in any help on either issue.
Thanks

Could it be your window is going up to far in the back? I just fixed this in my cobra although it’s a coupe there are brackets on the bottom of the window that are siliconed to the window and the silicone breaks over time allowing the window to go up further then intended.

Yes. Ive done all of that. I noticed a few days ago when i was standing behind it that the whole top material looks like it is more to the left but the frame seemed pretty straight. Is there a way to adjust only the vinyl? Thanks.
did you get yours fixed? mine is doing the same thing, and ive not got any help on how to adjust it, with the top locked or unlocked when adjusting. The tight vinyl comes into play as well, but someone out here has to have better answers and pics. There is a balance adjustment link everyone talks about that helps remove the sagging and you can screw it up or down to adjust but I've never been able to find that part