2002 Ford Mustang 4.6l v8?

Devilheal77

Mar 25, 2023
So I bought a 2002 mustang this past week and the guy who had it failed to mention that he didn't put any oil in it, I checked the oil and I thought it had oil but it didn't I guess because after the drive home I checked it again and had nothing besides a small amount on the very tip of the dipstick.

The motor has 144k miles and supposedly the guy fixed the blowout plug problems but I found 3 plugs that were still loose during the teardown and I disconnected all the plugs except one thats sitting right blow the fuel rail at a awkward angle that I can't get to. The ignition coils were all different, they weren't the same ones and all rated differently and the spring that sits on the plug came out of the rubber piece as I was getting them out. Could this sound have been related to the ignition coils? I drove 40 minutes down the freeway and then it **** up and started knocking, then drove it another hour away with it doing that after tightening the spark plugs thinking it was that but kept doing it.

Halfway home, it made a bang sound from the passenger side and I lost all power and the car cut off completely and now it won't start, just clicks and the lights flash.

Any ideas, or should I just replace the motor with a 4.6l v8 from a grand marquis 2004? Is that motor the same as in the mustang gt? Can I expect to get the 260 hp if I swap everything over? This is the sound It was making
View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/PCMhkEhQPUs

• Sponsors (?)

I also tried to move the crankshaft pulley, using my ratchet pulling towards driver side using a pipe as leverage and all it did was tighten the middle bolt, it didn't move at all.