2002 GT Exhaust Reccommendations

njziceman

Jan 23, 2004
I have a 2002 GT Automatic with a BBK Cold Air Intake. I wanted to know what exhaust everyone thinks i should get. I want something thats gonna be loud. I was told by a friend to get the SLP Loudmouth but i heard its not that great? What would you do?

• Sponsors (?)

Mac Prochamber

njziceman said:
I have a 2002 GT Automatic with a BBK Cold Air Intake. I wanted to know what exhaust everyone thinks i should get. I want something thats gonna be loud. I was told by a friend to get the SLP Loudmouth but i heard its not that great? What would you do?

I've got a Mac Prochamber, ( installed last Saturday) with Flowmaster Delta 40's and it's damn sweet man! I love this sound. I can't believe I waited so long. The power increases throughout the power band is very impressive, once the computer re-learns the curves. I'm running a bit rich so gas mileage suffers a bit ,(probably due to romping on it more!), but a chip and a tune will fix that. ( waiting for cash to have gears installed before the chip and tune though). I'd go with this setup if you're looking for an old school meets new school type of sound. It's all up to what you like. Some people like different combos [ X pipe, H, Mac Prochamber etc.]. Check out Mustang Exhaust they have some sound bites with Flows and the Prochamber. Good luck dude.

- Jake

njziceman said:

What do you plan to change? Headers? Intermediate pipe? or Just the catback?

The set up I have is a MAC off road H-pipe with 2 chamber flows and to me it sounds sweet~! It's loud and has that good 'ole Muscle car tone to it. If your a guy that likes the sound of flowmasters then go with this set up. But when it comes to exhaust nobody can really tell you what to get.....try out this website......www.mustangexhaust.com.....this website has all kinds of different combinations with exhaust and you can hear the different ones and make your own decision.....have fun!!

I would have to vote for the MAC Pro-Chamber coupled to a Magnaflow Magnapack cat back. It is one of the nicest systems out there, and I get at least 10 compliments on it everyday (even cops). If you want to get it real loud get some BBK long tubes and some ear plugs. This is, of course, if you don't live where there are damn emission laws......