2002 Mustang Won't Start...please Help

Mizcroft

Sep 1, 2016
recently i had to replace the serpintine belt after the car started right up but then immediatly died. I tried jumping the battery thinking that maybe the battery was dead, but that was not the case since the lights come on. When i try to start it makes a click sound and then nothing wven the lights go out. I did notice that the THEFT light on dash is blinking any ideas? I have read online that there could be a problem with the key or the anti theft system but then i have tried the suggestions like putting key in ignition turning it to on possition but not starting and leave it for 10 min and then try to start and that did nothing aside from now when i try to start there is no more click sound i am sooo frustrated with this i can not afford to tow it to a dealership nor can i afford a mechanic i am a single mom and money is tight but i can not be with out a car please any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

The only way to know the battery is good is to take it to a local chain parts store for a free charge and condition check. That sounds like the issue, a weak battery. Sometimes a bad battey will still not work when jumped.