2003 GT with P1131/P1151 DTC's. Help!

Aquarius

Jul 18, 2007
Hey everyone!

I bought a 2003 GT last summer and I've had recurring problems with DTC codes that I can't seem to fix. The car has been in and out of the tuner shop several times and yet my check engine light is back on again! The car has a BBK CAI, BBK long-tube headers, and looks to have a single cat chopped into either side of the exhaust. Here are the codes I've received over the past few months: PO151, PO171, PO153 and the most recent codes are P1151 and P1131. All four 02 sensors have been replaced and the mechanic but a custom chip in witht he MIL eliminators but I'm still getting the check engine light. The guy at the tuner shop said he ran through the car top to bottom, put it up on the dyno and tuned it, and if the light came back on he'd be all out of ideas. He did mention that he thought the long tube headers were messing with the O2 sensors and that my only two options would be to physically move the location of the O2's by drilling new bungs in the exhaust, or put the stock manifold back in, which there's no way I'm letting that happen. According to him, the car is actually running better when the light is on, but I just want it to go away. Anybody had a similar problem or no a quick and hopefully not to expensive fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Longs tubes move the air so well, that to sensors won't heat up. They are heated oxygen sensors but still doens't make a difference. Did you put in Ford OEM sensors? Any other brand sucks. Your best bet is to move the bung as far upstream as you can. I have the same problem with my long tubes. Mine don't ever seem to get warm enough to show anything.