Progress Thread 2005 Mustang GT Build (Pics/Questions)

reapxr

May 6, 2019
Ohio
Hello everyone! About 2 years ago, I picked up my beautiful 2005 Mustang GT. First mod was wheels/tires. I went with AMR gloss black 20x8.5 on the front and 20x10 for the rear from AmericanMuscle. Second "mod" came when I blew the rear end into a million pieces LOL. Went with heavy duty spider gears and axles and 3.55 ring and pinion. Third was my off-road X-pipe from Pypes, and MBRP muffler delete axle-back (SUPER LOUD.) After this, I kept the car as it sat for awhile.
Then. back in February I went all out at Summit Racing Equipment and purchased: Ford Performance Intake Manifold, BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body, JLT Series 3 CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, Ford Performance Hot Rod Cams, and a Hurst Short Throw. Only working on the car on the weekends, all this took me about a month to install. I ended up going with a Bama tune in hopes of getting the car running good enough while I saved up for a dyno tune. This DID NOT work :( Car was misfiring BAD under acceleration. After pulling the plugs out, I found 7/8 of the plugs were DESTROYED. Both electrodes were GONE on the plugs. At this point, I assumed I was getting detonation due to a lean tune. I took it to a dyno tuner, had it tuned, and I was disappointed with the power it made (310 WHP.) I noticed on the dyno sheet, the curve was very choppy throughout the entire RPM range. But it seemed to run fine for a week or so. Now it is misfiring again under acceleration (although not quite as bad.) Going to take it to a different tuner and see what they can figure out, then if they get it right, I'm going back to the first tuner and complaining.
Once those kinks are worked out, the plans for the car are as follows: Rebuild the motor, using Forged Rods/Pistons. Ported Heads, Big Single Turbo and misc. components (Building the piping myself), Bigger Injectors/Fuel Pump (E85.) I'm sure there are some other things I'm forgetting, but that's the general plan for the car.
Any input on the misfiring would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_3380.JPG
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3384.JPG
IMG_3389.JPG

• Sponsors (?)