2005 Roush looking MUCH better!!!

admdavs

Feb 25, 2004
Chicago
vs. what was at SEMA- this is 100,000,000 times better looking!!!

Roush-2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

When they paint them stripes on them can you feel the paint thickness if you run your hand over hood or is it like blended so it all feels same layer? Reason im asking id because when i get mine i want the dealer to paint the same stripes on it ,Will the dealer be able to paint same scheme?

YellowMach69 said:
When they paint them stripes on them can you feel the paint thickness if you run your hand over hood or is it like blended so it all feels same layer? Reason im asking id because when i get mine i want the dealer to paint the same stripes on it ,Will the dealer be able to paint same scheme?
I believe the stripes are vinyl stickers not paint. :shrug:

That's how the roush stripes have always been.. That's the only thing I've ever not liked about Roush models. But agreed. Looks way better. I hated that red one. but those look great.

Those do look cool, but I hope they do something different with the rims.

Those bullit rims are available on almost everything.

The SN95 Roush rims were very cool. I would think they could top that with something even better?

Gwinnett Place Ford has 2 2005 Roushs......

a Sonic Blue and Torch Red without the stripes. They look fantastic in person aside from the funky rear spoiler. The front fascia really distinguishes the Roush from the standard GTs. I'm not sure which Stage they were though????

Seriously doubt that they will be able to do a side exhaust. With the mufflers being all the way in the back and no room on the in front of the axle I just don't see it happening.

Those are probably the wheels that you will see on the Stage 1 Roush. That is what he did last year. Stage II get the wheel and tire package.

The does look rather sweet though. I am really digging the Roush version now. I think it is my favorite "limited production" 05 Mustang out. I was sure about the red one that they showed earlier but this pic has brought me around a little bit.

YellowMach69 said:

The dealer would be able to paint the stripes on. Our car has a two tone hood which is all paint, no stickers. The key to get a seamless edge with no bleeding is the prep prior to re-clearing the car. Yes thats right, if you want to have it nice and smooth so you can't feel the ridge between colors the car must be re-cleared. Its really not as bad as it sounds. Also a heads up, a good idea is to get them to wet sand the whole car prior to the re-clear to get rid of all the orange peal in the paint. Smooth like glass. :nice:

Contrarian said:
They almost look like they should be ordered with a side of egg roll.

wow. I guess everyone is entitled to his/her opinion... personally I love the front fascia, it flows very well and does not distort the lines of the car at all.

Roush is charging $8,450 for the stage 1 kit- the best part of that (since the price is a bit heavy) is that it does not include the hood scoop!!! I hated the way that thing looked on the red Roush at SEMA.