2006 Ford Mustang GT

Be very careful with this procedure ...how many miles are on the car presently? technically they are supposed to be good until 100k ....they break really easily ....there's a ton of info on the web

If it's not misfiring or running badly .....then I would wait or if you just want to upgrade ...really really research it on this forum and even others ....once those things break.... your in a pita situation .....some people say to warm the car up or pre-lube them ...special tools etc....but when cracks ...that's when it gets real .....you'll need a specific tool to get the bottom part out.

NGK doesn't make plugs to get the early 3v v8 (2005 to mid 08). I put Champion 7989 plugs in mine and went over 100,000 miles on them with no problems, but my car is stock except for exhaust. They are a one piece plug that won't split. If the car has nitrous, or boost, you may need a colder plug, Brisk has one piece plugs in a colder heat range.

Hello all I just bought a 2006 about 4 months ago. I'm hearing they come with a split Spark plug ?
Whats the best way to get these out without breaking them? And I'm looking at putting in some NGK
Thanks !

Get the Champion 7989 plugs and follow the TSB for the spark plug removal procedure.

Reactions: 1 user
Lisle tool makes a specific 3v spark plug removal tool for when, not if, the spark plugs break. Tool well worth the $$$ if you are doing the plugs yourself. When the plug breaks this tool removes the broken part easy as pie. Do not get or use the Auto Zone loan-a-tool one cause they are a piece of crap. I had broke 2 plugs when replacing mine and used the Lisle tool with no stress.