2006 Ford Mustang GT

• Sponsors (?)

Be very careful with this procedure ...how many miles are on the car presently? technically they are supposed to be good until 100k ....they break really easily ....there's a ton of info on the web

If it's not misfiring or running badly .....then I would wait or if you just want to upgrade ...really really research it on this forum and even others ....once those things break.... your in a pita situation .....some people say to warm the car up or pre-lube them ...special tools etc....but when cracks ...that's when it gets real .....you'll need a specific tool to get the bottom part out.

NGK doesn't make plugs to get the early 3v v8 (2005 to mid 08). I put Champion 7989 plugs in mine and went over 100,000 miles on them with no problems, but my car is stock except for exhaust. They are a one piece plug that won't split. If the car has nitrous, or boost, you may need a colder plug, Brisk has one piece plugs in a colder heat range.

Hello all I just bought a 2006 about 4 months ago. I'm hearing they come with a split Spark plug ?
Whats the best way to get these out without breaking them? And I'm looking at putting in some NGK
Thanks !

Get the Champion 7989 plugs and follow the TSB for the spark plug removal procedure.

Reactions: 1 user
Lisle tool makes a specific 3v spark plug removal tool for when, not if, the spark plugs break. Tool well worth the $$$ if you are doing the plugs yourself. When the plug breaks this tool removes the broken part easy as pie. Do not get or use the Auto Zone loan-a-tool one cause they are a piece of crap. I had broke 2 plugs when replacing mine and used the Lisle tool with no stress.