2006, so whats old school to you?

Suspect

Aug 25, 2004
GA.
i was talking with my girl about back in the day and it brang back some cool memories. my friends and family and what we thought was kool and all the fun stuff from when we were kids.

so what was cool and popular back in ur day??
ill start off..

skateboarding and basketball everyday.
nintendo was cool. i still have one!
Double Dragon
Mike tysons punch out
Contra (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b,a, b,a, select, start!) i think that was it
Cool Dudes
Duck Hunt

music..
Tribe Called Quest
Leaders of the New School
Black Sheep
Salt n Pepa

gear..
cross colors
adidas w/ the fat laces
nike uptowns (air force 1s) i never stopped wearing these!

i wanted to be like Bruce Lee! watched all his movies.
TMNT
Thundercats HOOOOO!!!!
GI JOE in the am before school!

i could go on all day, but i figure ill let u guys post up!!

• Sponsors (?)

Suspect said:
i was talking with my girl about back in the day and it brang back some cool memories. my friends and family and what we thought was kool and all the fun stuff from when we were kids.

so what was cool and popular back in ur day??
ill start off..

skateboarding and basketball everyday.
nintendo was cool. i still have one!
Double Dragon
Mike tysons punch out
Contra (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b,a, b,a, select, start!) i think that was it
Cool Dudes
Duck Hunt

music..
Tribe Called Quest
Leaders of the New School
Black Sheep
Salt n Pepa

gear..
cross colors
adidas w/ the fat laces
nike uptowns (air force 1s) i never stopped wearing these!

i wanted to be like Bruce Lee! watched all his movies.
TMNT
Thundercats HOOOOO!!!!
GI JOE in the am before school!

i could go on all day, but i figure ill let u guys post up!!

lol, i'm only 16, so lets see.

Teenage mutant ninja turtles,
goldeneye 64
JNCO jeans
Biking everywhere before the stang (w00t!) (jumps wheelies etc)
mall every friday night haha

How old are you? I remember double dragon, used to have Nintendo till it broke, was never into skatebpoarding although everyone I know was. These are things I remember from my childhood:

Nintendo (old) and 64
Sega Game Gear
LA Gears (light up shoes)
Osh Kosh
Goosebumps
Tamagochi
Ninja Turtles
Three Wheeler Bikes
Tales from the crypt keeper
Ghostbusters
Fila's
Stretch Armstrong
Power Rangers
and the 95 mustang :p

Everything else is a blur lol

older old school for me...at least would be

mario bros, excite bike, GI joe, transformers, SAT. morning cartoons, night rider, dukes of haz. org. runs--mean green machine:D . Riding my 80cc quad around the property and doing doughnuts/jumps with it.

not so old but old school--around 12-17

watching dazed and confused 11ty billion times, working on my 66chevy caprice, my buddies 66impala and racing each other (I always won...killed him), sleeping in honors human bio and getting an A+.

Shows
Fraggle Rock
Ninja Turtles
G.I. Joe
Tranformers
Ghostbusters
The Hulk (with lou ferrigno)
MacGuyver - best show of all time

Movies
Dune
Robocop 1
Alien
Goonies
Conan the Barbarian
War Games
Terminator
Neverending Story
Labrynth
Running Man
Gremlins
Critters

Toys
Lightbright
Etch-a-sketch
Mr.Potato-head
Garbage Pale Kids
NERF when they first came out
Slip 'n Slide
Gameboy
Nintendo - Zelda, Mario Bros, Excite Bike
Sega Genesis - Sonic, Xmen, Mortal Kombat, Doom1 and Virtuafighter with Sega32x :D
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots
'My Pet Monster'
Powerwheels
LEGO's - my all time favorite toy (and Technic LEGO's)

Music
Sir-Mix-Alot
MC Hammer
Big Country
Flock of Seaguls
Gun's n Roses

Computers with Green and Black monitors. Oregon Trail!!1 "Jimmy has died of Typhoid".

Ghost Busters

JNCOs fer sure!!!

Nintendo 64.

Structure clothing!

When someone asked if you could dance and you said yes you would try and moonwalk.

JINX!

Other funny stuff.

I'm older so I'll go back a bit farther.

I was a Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard junky.

Atari was the video machine of choice.

An IROC-Z was the car to have.

Parachute pants, stoned wash jeans, desert boots, thin ties, big laced shoe laces on Nike's was the style.

Bands like Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake....Rap- Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy...the list can go for miles. Especially since there were so many one hit wonders.

Movies like Breakfast Club, Weird Science and all John Hughes stuff ruled.

A microwave was the size of a Buick. The mulet hair cut was worn by 80% of the guys on purpose. The walkman was state of the art technology. A VCR changed the way every household watched the tube. Movie rental stores had lines at the door. I can go on and on.........................

hmm lets see...

power wheels lambo
hot wheels cars
lincoln logs
tinker toys
super nintendo & sega genesis
riding my bike everywhere for no reason-going off jumps and such
aggressive skating
jnco jeans
tech deck finger skateboards
computer games for windows 3.1 like gizmo's and gadgets, ski-free, pipe dream
girl kudies:lol:
helping my dad build the chevelle
nailing wood together into absolutely nothing
adidas sambas...still got some today...****in kick ass shoes
sony walkman baby:hail2:
vcr's

i could go ON and ON and ON.....we talk about all this stuff in school all the time since were seniors and we dont do **** in classes:banana: :banana:

I don't remember anything. :D

For real, though ..... I was destructive. If there was a screw, tape, glue, or whatever holding it together .... I took it apart. If nothing was holding it together and it could not be dis-assembled .... I still tore it apart.

Oh, And I remember having a junk yard of Hot Wheels. I had thousands of cars. I smashed them all with a hammer.

SeventyMach1 said:
I don't remember anything. :D

For real, though ..... I was destructive. If there was a srcrew, tape, glue, or whatever holding it together .... I took it apart. If nothing was holding it together and it could not be dis-assembled .... I still tore it apart.

Oh, And I remember having a junk yard of Hot Wheels. I had thousands of cars. I smashed them all with a hammer.

that was my little brother :rlaugh: :lol:

I swear I was the only 8yr old who could put a "top loader" back together after having crap shoved in it...along with the 20lb camcorders. Swear to all that stangnet, neighbors asked me how to hook up and check the stuff:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Yeah. I played Oregon Trail, too. I watched Bill Nye the Science Guy all the time at school. I remember crashing my Transformer's Big Wheel when I was 4 years old. Umm ... [drawing a blank]

Does anyone else remember playing with these ....

View attachment 487608
Pogo_Sticks.jpg

Hell yeah, I watched Bill Nye. Before him, it was "Mr. Wizard". He kinda reminded me of a Mr. Rodgers science freak. I watched a lot of Transformers, Night Rider, Air Wolf, and GOOD cartoons.

Oregon Trail was awesome, and the Indiana Jones computer game. I was a Nintendo fan; Contra, SMB3, Zelda, and Paperboy were some favs.

Favorite movies were Back to the Future, Terminator, Alien(s), The Goonies, The Wraith, hell there's a million of them, I can't even name them all.

Great thread, reminds me of the "I love the 80s/90s" shows.

For Grady and I, let's see................

Our idea of a dual-quad was two horses pulling
the buggie instead of one.

WHen gas powered cars came out, that was cool.

The phone and electricity were cool.

Indoor plumbing was a neat idea but seemed kinda disgusting.

The Industrial Revolution kinda killed tourism in Europe............

That's about all I can think of. Time to go back into the home. :D

I'm 18 so hmm...

Old School shows:

Legends of the Hidden Temple
Doug
Rug Rats
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Double Dare
Shining Time Station

Basically anything on Nickelodeon that I used to watch religiously as a kid, lol

Old School Music:
TLC
Puff Daddy
Whittney Houston :)lol:)
Skinny Mariah Carey

Old School Games:
Nintendo- Super Mario Brothers, Zelda
N64- wave race, starfox, Golden Eye

I especially remember being able to buy cigarettes for my parents, at the age of 7, with no ID required.

Saturday Morning Cartoons starting with GI Joe, then Bugs Bunny and Friends, then WWF wrestling, with real guys like the junkyard dog, jake the snake roberts, the original hulk hogan before all his personality disorders, queen elizabeth and her crazy husband Randy Savage.

Music...wow...Salt n Pepa, MC Hammer and C&C Music Factory, Rod Stewart had a pretty good song with the Temptations, and yes, when I was young, those crazy boy band pioneer New Kids On The Block were around....Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice also owned the industry then.

Toys - I was all about GI Joe. I had other fun, but mainly it was Joe's.

And oh yes, Justin, I most certainly remember the Pogo Ball....got 23 hops once.