2007 TCS and ABS light on

Jakesdad1

Jul 12, 2017
The TCS and ABS light came on as the alternator started to fail. And the rest of the dashboard cluster stopped functioning. Ended up having the car towed home on ramp truck.
Replaced the alternator with new. Everything started working again but the TCS and ABS lights stayed ON.
Check fluids, good.
Brought the car to local parts store (2 different ones) and checked the computer. Coming up with all four wheels sensors not working. And coming up with low battery.
Don't understand why the codes are still in the computer. I disconnected the negative battery when replacing the alternator. And have disconnected a couple times since to help clear the codes.
Any suggestions? The car runs fine. Its been about a month since. Prefer not to take to a dealership because I don't think they would recognized the real problem and just throw a lot of replacement parts at it to fix.
Someone mentioned Ford Service Bulletin Number 19296, but I have not been able to download and/or read what it is.
HELP...Jakesdad
2007 Ford Mustang Convertible

• Sponsors (?)

Here ya go:

Bulletin #: 19296
Sequence #: 10021059
Date: 08/01/2006
Component Name: 046400 service brakes, air:antilock:abs warning light
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2006
Summary: Abs warning lamp on. ground g101.

Ground 101 is apparently on the front of the brake master cylinder near the airbox. The connection may be loose or corroded.

tried removing and cleaning the ground connections, drove over 100 miles...still on
Frustrating, the auto parts store computer check says all four wheel sensors and low battery. Theres no low battery, the car is running fine. this been going on for a month now. Only drive this car on the weekends
Any help? Please!

Seems that your alternator is working normally. The AC ripple is way below 0.5v and you have a healthy charging voltage.
However your battery is in a very low state of charge so I recommend that you give it a good overnight trickle charge. Otherwise your alternator will have to work at full capacity to prevent it from discharging, and that could shorten its life.

So still trying to find out why the TCS and ABS lights are on after the alternator failed.
Replaced the "new" alternator with another "new" alternator. The alternators are Remy Alternators.
With the new alternator installed and the battery on trickle charge for 24 hrs. my new values are:
Battery @ 12.41 VDC
Alternator charging @ 14.38 VDC
AC Ripple is 48 mVAC

Anybody have an idea what might be casing this problem?
As mentioned, as my alternator was failing on our drive home on the highway, first the radio stopped, the directional stop working, the instrumental panel went dead, the TCS and ABS lights came on. When we got off the highway, and got on the back road the car finally stop running. The car was towed home.
Took the car to a couple local parts store and both said all four wheel are not working and the battery low charge.
Disconnected the battery (positive and negative) for 48 hrs.
Any suggestions......