2009? :barf:

jlangholzj

Mustang Master
Oct 23, 2006
CLT
I'm trying to convince dad to buy the 700+ RWHP 2008 mustang (courtesy of rousch supercharger ) and in search of pictures, I came across the suposed 2009 concept.

:puke: :notnice: :ban:

09mustang0502.jpg

EWWWW!!!! of course its just in my opinion, but i think that this is just another example of how they went from the classics, to the mustang II , to the f-bodies and back to a classic design. there's no doubt that the classic design is the most popular, and I think ford is destined to repeat its cycle. :(

what do you think of the 2009 concept??

Attachments

• 09mustang0502.jpg
    09mustang0502.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

Couple of things :D

The 2009 Mustang will be the same as current, 2010 Mustang will be the "new" one...

Here are a couple spy shots taken recently of the new car.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/2010-ford-mustang/2010-ford-mustang-331120.php

The car you pictured above is the 2007 Giugiaro Mustang, debuted at the 2007 NAIAS at COBO hall in Detroit, I was there for it. It is nothing more than a "concept". It is not by Ford.

Hope that clears up some confusion, I too personally REALLY like the current style, but can't wait to see the next generation also!

yeah, but i thought that the "new" style was going to borrow some off of the concept?? all i know is that I hope that they don't go down this route. especially b/c that damn italian (no offense to anyone else mind you) put some spotted cow leather crap on the inside.

remember that concept cars are only for getting foot traffic to the manufactures booths at the car show. sometimes you will find design elements that first appeared on a concept car, and sometimes you will find a concept car actually being built by the manufacturer due to public response.

remember that concept cars are only for getting foot traffic to the manufactures booths at the car show. sometimes you will find design elements that first appeared on a concept car, and sometimes you will find a concept car actually being built by the manufacturer due to public response.

the other thing a concept car does is allow the manufacturer to register a name for a car that might be used at a later date.

yeah, but i thought that the "new" style was going to borrow some off of the concept?? all i know is that I hope that they don't go down this route. especially b/c that damn italian (no offense to anyone else mind you) put some spotted cow leather crap on the inside.
Any sources on this "borrowing" you mention? Maybe they meant the Ford concept, not the Italian's. Looking at that picture, I sort of see a full taillight panel a-la Cougar/Shelby and on the original S197 concept.

there some parts i like about the car, but i'm not a huge fan of the current mustangs either. But, they're growing on me. I like the interior of the 2010 minus the cow seats. Also if i remember correctly, the 2010 giugiaro or w.e. doesn't have a trunk :eek: thats new...

I like the sleekness though