2011 Mustang GT Proposed Order

Fugitive

Mar 14, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Would like to get some help with my soon to be placed order. I live in Toronto, Canada so prices are a bit different. Any input would be welcome.

2011 Mustang GT 6 Speed Manual
Colour: Kona Blue
Base MSRP $38,499
Security Package 350
Premier Trim w/coulour accent,Black/Blue leather 500
Gt Brake Performance Package 1,700
Navigation System 2,300
HID's 600
3.73 Gears 500
ac tax 100
destination fee 1,350

TOTAL $45,899
Delivery Allowance -2,000

MSRP less price adjustments $43,899

Donway Ford is giving it to me for $2,899 less than MSRP at $41,000 CDN.
Obviously that price doesn't include GST and PST which are our hefty taxes here in Ontario, Canada.

I wish prices would be lower here in Canada since our dollar is almost par with the US, but not likely gonna happen :(

I will be adding to the price Silver Stripes so that will be extra unless i can haggle the dealer on giving me a discount on them. He seemed like a reasonable guy.
I am a bit confused about choosing the colour since i also like the race red, the black and even Grabber blue.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I will be ordering a very similar car tomorrow if I follow through with my plans. I'll skip the nav system as I have a hand held GPS that will work well enough. I like the Kona blue but think it is better suited to a luxury car like a BMW 6 series. I'll go with plain jane ordinary white but add blue le mans stripes before taking delivery. Color is one of the most important options so make sure to get what you want.

Are you sure about the 3.73 gears? I drove a 2010 with the 3.73 track package and revs at 60 mph were right around 2,000 rpm. The new six speed's top gear is very similar to 5th in the 2010 car. I think the closer gears in addition to the extra 100 hp and 70 ft/lb torque will allow the car to accelerate plenty fast with the 3.55 rear end and keep revs down a couple hundred for better fuel economy.

This is of course personal preference but something you may want to think about.

When do you think it will arrive?

Greg

I will be ordering a very similar car tomorrow if I follow through with my plans. I'll skip the nav system as I have a hand held GPS that will work well enough. I like the Kona blue but think it is better suited to a luxury car like a BMW 6 series. I'll go with plain jane ordinary white but add blue le mans stripes before taking delivery. Color is one of the most important options so make sure to get what you want.

Are you sure about the 3.73 gears? I drove a 2010 with the 3.73 track package and revs at 60 mph were right around 2,000 rpm. The new six speed's top gear is very similar to 5th in the 2010 car. I think the closer gears in addition to the extra 100 hp and 70 ft/lb torque will allow the car to accelerate plenty fast with the 3.55 rear end and keep revs down a couple hundred for better fuel economy.

This is of course personal preference but something you may want to think about.

When do you think it will arrive?

Greg

The difference in RPM between the 3.73's and 3.55's will be so minimal that the extra umf of the 3.73's will be well worth it. Usually the change will make your RPMS go up by about 100rpm at 60mph between the 3.55 and 3.73's which doesn't hurt gas mileage. usually it improves MPG if you drives around town a lot. Less effort for the motor to push the car.

The difference in RPM between the 3.73's and 3.55's will be so minimal that the extra umf of the 3.73's will be well worth it. Usually the change will make your RPMS go up by about 100rpm at 60mph between the 3.55 and 3.73's which doesn't hurt gas mileage. usually it improves MPG if you drives around town a lot. Less effort for the motor to push the car.

Given the 100 extra hp and closer gears in the 6-speed, I'd still go for the 3.55's. Ought to be plenty of oomph there. :nice:

Are you sure it is only 100 rpm?

Greg

Given the 100 extra hp and closer gears in the 6-speed, I'd still go for the 3.55's. Out to be plenty of oomph there. :nice:

Are you sure it is only 100 rpm?

Greg

I have almost 600RWHP from a torque monster stroker motor and I still have 3.73's in the back end instead of 3.55's. No doubt the new 5.0's will have some good acceleration but people are still looking for more and if you drive around town a lot it usually still helps with gas a little bit. And a better gear is always a good start. 3.73's are just the best all around gear to have. And yes it is like 101 or 102 RPM at 60mph Difference on average in the stangs between the two gears.

My dealer can allocate 2 more Gt's for March order and april build, so im not too sure if i can make it cause i am waiting for some cash to come to me from my tax refund, so i can use it as a down payment. If I can put an order in early April should be built by early May and delivered to me by the end of May the latest.
I'm still confused about the colour, I really like the Race red on the pace car I wish they had a pace car edition instead of the awful California special.

Dont cheap out...the factory nav is far superior to any Garmin. Remember its not just the Nav you get. The entire screen is used as a touch screen for everything. (Radio/Climate/Phone etc) and the Sirius has tons of info including gas prices , movies etc.....Check it out and see for yourself. I love mine and would NOT get without.

Go with the 3.73s. I have this on my Mustang and I can tell the difference between it and others I have driven. RPM at 60 is around 2000 and 2400 +/-at 80. A little higher, but well worth it.