2012 Mustang Gt Hesitation At Wot

Warriors34

May 24, 2016
hello everyone i blew my motor i had a warranty a local dealership installed a new motor. I got my car took it up to a local auto shop (firestone) i got car back and not even a mile down the road cel came on took back to dealership they said just had to replace coils on cylinder 2 and 8. They wanted to charge me $550. i have a friend that works up at a local (firestone) their we ran the codes again we it was a misfire on 2,6,8 plus p0300 and p0316 we reaplaced spark plugs and coils on 2,6,8. was still misfiring. so i started googling to see what else it could be one guy said he had same problem with new engine you gotta make sure you have ford do a relearn on ecm, took it to another local shop they said ford never did a relearn on my ecm when they put new motor it they did it and it ran great for 4 days started to pull random misfire/multiple cylinder codes and a code for the crankshaft position sensor, and p0300 multiple random misfire had a shop install a new crankshaft position sensor and they also did a relearn on the ecm. now my problem is on WOT the car is stuttering. i took it to a different ford dealership they told me my coil boots and spark plugs were bad. i just replaced all of those today and it is still stuttering on WOT. now what i mean by stuttering is when i am around 4k rpm and pedal is more then 3/4 down it makes a stuttering noise and it hesitates it never did this before. I am thinking it is fuel and air related now. but i have no idea if i really get on it while its doing the stuttering and not let off the CEL will flash but go off. if you need anymore information just reply on here ill be checking it periodically throughout the night, day. sorry for typing so much, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

hello everyone i blew my motor i had a warranty a local dealership installed a new motor. I got my car took it up to a local auto shop (firestone) i got car back and not even a mile down the road cel came on took back to dealership they said just had to replace coils on cylinder 2 and 8. They wanted to charge me $550. i have a friend that works up at a local (firestone) their we ran the codes again we it was a misfire on 2,6,8 plus p0300 and p0316 we reaplaced spark plugs and coils on 2,6,8. was still misfiring. so i started googling to see what else it could be one guy said he had same problem with new engine you gotta make sure you have ford do a relearn on ecm, took it to another local shop they said ford never did a relearn on my ecm when they put new motor it they did it and it ran great for 4 days started to pull random misfire/multiple cylinder codes and a code for the crankshaft position sensor, and p0300 multiple random misfire had a shop install a new crankshaft position sensor and they also did a relearn on the ecm. now my problem is on WOT the car is stuttering. i took it to a different ford dealership they told me my coil boots and spark plugs were bad. i just replaced all of those today and it is still stuttering on WOT. now what i mean by stuttering is when i am around 4k rpm and pedal is more then 3/4 down it makes a stuttering noise and it hesitates it never did this before. I am thinking it is fuel and air related now. but i have no idea if i really get on it while its doing the stuttering and not let off the CEL will flash but go off. if you need anymore information just reply on here ill be checking it periodically throughout the night, day. sorry for typing so much, thank you for reading.
I know that when my 2012 gt gets low on oil it will bog on wot especially in higher gears. Might check that