2015 Loaded GT - How much milage is to much.

• Sponsors (?)

54,000 miles seems a little high for a 3 year old car. Was it a former rental? I've had mine for almost 2 years now and I have just over 10K on it, but then again I live up north where convertibles are toys that only get driven for a few months a year.

No this is a Florida car - 54000 has me on the fence - was a trade in - purchased and traded at the same dealership - also they want to through in a Lifetime Warranty as long as I maintain the car and it can be done by any dealership - just need to keep the records. I think, I may be able to get for around $22K. Also it has about factory $5000 +/- in options.

I would try to get them even lower on price, mention that it is a lot of miles for a 3 year old car. Also, a little FYI, all convertibles are factory upgraded to the premium package. what you think is an option is most likely standard equipment.

Mine only has two options and it stickered for 48,100. take off the performance pack which you couldn't get on a vert in 15 and you're still at 45K for a basic gt convertible.

Point is even a stripped vert is not cheap, but it has a lot of stuff and standard equipment. Only the base v6 vert came as a standard mustang and could be had in the 20's new. So on second thought, maybe 24K is a good price, but I would still try to get it lower.

Last edited:
The 2019's are out, so you are looking at a four year old car with an average of 13.5K miles a year...well within a 12-15K annual mileage for a private vehicle. Florida is a great top down state and if the mileage seems a little high (it isn't imo), consider that with so many days available to put the top down the owner may have taken the long way home (I put the top down and take the long way home whenever possible). Assuming the maintenance records look good and recalls are all done (not sure there were any or what they might be), I wouldn't feel bad about paying anything in the $22-24K range you described, especially with the warranty being offered. Keep smiling.

Went and looked - just OK - tire issue probably balance at one time - dealer was slick put the fronts on the back etc - wife is in favor of brand new - I guess that should be the answer. I see a number of very low milage rentals starting to pop. May look at them.

Reactions: 1 user