2024 Mustang

IIGood

Founding Member
Aug 1, 1998
Churchton, MD
Just caught the 2024 reveal on Ford's YT channel. They didn't dive into specifics a whole lot but did mention the GT will have 480 hp now. Manual transmission still available. Didn't say what the EcoBoost will have.

There's a new model thats just a notch above the GT known as the "Dark Horse." Its supposed to have at least 500 hp from a 5.0.

2024_MustangthreeQuarter_B.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-exterior-115-1663170391.jpg

Interior-wise, the dash is now all digital and it runs into the infotainment system in the center. There are some buttons and switches down low, assumingly for HVAC controls and such. They kep harping about how it resembles a Fox interior.

Overall, I like it, but it seems a little less dramatic than all the hype was making it out to be. I do think it looks like a warmed-over S550 and I don't know about the grille.

• Sponsors (?)

I liked the back end and tail lights on my 2011 the best, and think they've gone down hill since. That trend continues... :confused:
That whole car of those years (til ‘14 I think) was the last of the “muscle car” looking mustangs. The newer ones look more like “sports cars” if you know what I’m trying to say. All look good….. just different styles.
I like the muscle look!

Looks like a Hyundai or Audi on the outside and a Hyundai on the inside.

It's generic, with crap for competition, which, if history is any indicator, means it will sell well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
From that angle resembles a camaro in some areas. Hope they aren't asking too much for it otherwise people aren't going to buy it. Car prices need to settle down, it's not like they have rockets on the back now. What they should be doing is revamping the tech and engines they have and lower costs to produce and pass on savings to consumer. The 40k pricetag for a new GT is ridiculous. Especially in this economy when the average joe is not buying a new car. At above 40k you lose sales to bmw and lexus or lease deals. They should be fixing electrical and any reliability problems that keep their cars from lasting over 400k miles. They could be making these cars indestructable but you know they won't. They're too afraid to make the investment, and it would pay off big time if they did. Imagine having a car and being able to drive it hard nonstop and hold up over time for a cheap price. Already the newer mustangs have issues from people who occasionally track their cars. The engineers should have figured this crap out by now. Shouldn't have to upgrade parts due to failed engineering. I honestly think there's some people at Ford that should be fired for not putting the time in or intentionally being greedy. Jeep is another company that has gone down hill over the years. Some people at Jeep need to be fired too.

The 40k pricetag for a new GT is ridiculous. Especially in this economy when the average joe is not buying a new car. At above 40k you lose sales to bmw and lexus or lease deals.

Car sales are booming. I work for an auto group with six lines (eight if you count the three GM brands separately), and we're so busy that even with four of our six manufacturers back at full capacity, we can't keep the lots full. Hell, they bought out one of our competitor's used car stores just to get extra capacity to process the trade-ins and stuck me and another 20-year veteran of the trade over there to turn used cars out as fast as possible.

We're busier than most (and everyone is busy) because we're the only dealership within 50 miles of our town not charging bull:poo: "market adjustments" on our new cars.

When we get used Mustang trade-ins, they're usually sold before I'm done reconditioning them, and on used cars, we're charging market rate.

Also, Ford has a pretty sweet lease program, and virtually nobody is going to cross-shop a Mustang GT with a Lexus or BMW at any price.

Reactions: 1 users
They could be making these cars indestructable but you know they won't. They're too afraid to make the investment, and it would pay off big time if they did.
Do you know how much money they make off service and "return customer" sales? They don't want their cars to last 100k miles, they never have.

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to say damn I think you sold me on the camaro. Especially the side picture. Should have put pics of the challenger up instead of the charger. Very good pic post though it's very convenient to see it from every angle like that. I had done comparisons myself but that takes the cake. Some angles I like the mustang better but I'm really torn between the two. I've driven a newer camaro turbo and was pretty impressed. My current car is crap compared to it. The suspension is so much better than what I currently have and it really punches you in the stomach. The v8 is probably even better can't say for sure. The turbo does feel pretty nice. If I could only afford the turbo or the v6 I think I would get the turbo. Not sure how the v8 feels.

When I worked for Ford in 2013-17, before I left in 17 on a buyout. I did the study in the department I worked in for the S650 program it was a minor program refresh. At the time it did not have ton of impact to our department, granted it was pretty early in study phases.