• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

23,000 miles now.. when should I change fuel filter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wms004
  • Start date Start date Dec 5, 2003
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Wil

New Member
Jan 2, 2003
581
0
0
Burke, VA
Dec 6, 2003
#21
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #21
I almost have 50k on my stang and I still haven't changed my fuel filter. I have the filter but just no time Well I'll make time asap, guess I'm one of those jacka$$ that mistreat there stangs
 

wms004

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,864
2
49
Los Angeles
Dec 6, 2003
#22
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #22
Wil said:
I almost have 50k on my stang and I still haven't changed my fuel filter. I have the filter but just no time Well I'll make time asap, guess I'm one of those jacka$$ that mistreat there stangs
Click to expand...
yes, you are.. we dispise you
 

decoy562

New Member
Oct 9, 2003
1,526
0
0
Acworth, GA
Dec 6, 2003
#23
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #23
I go with the manual too...30K miles
 

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
3,222
23
99
oklahoma
Dec 6, 2003
#24
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #24
i work at a shop and you are suppose to change the fuel filter every 15k miles, it is located right behind the gas tank up under the car
 

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
3,222
23
99
oklahoma
Dec 6, 2003
#25
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #25
make sure when removing that you push the fuel line up on the tool. Not the tool into the fuel line. For those of you who wait 50k miles to change their fuel filter...it might be a pain in the butt to get off.
 

Venom4.6

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
1,356
0
0
Saint Louis, MO
Dec 6, 2003
#26
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #26
I change all my vehicles fuel filters every 20,000 miles or 18 months. Remember there's no such thing as excess. In my opinion if your not putting over $200 a year into a car for maintenance it's not getting enough.
 
R

rjstaaf

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
1,310
2
39
Somewhere
Dec 6, 2003
#27
  • Dec 6, 2003
  • #27
I change mine every year. As someone already said, they are cheap and with the proper tool it is rather easy.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Engine Coolant leak from oil filter
  • jr273
  • Mar 26, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
9
Views
333
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 31, 2026
squeak93
S
92 5.0 almost starts
  • Steverino
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
154
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
N
Engine 86 GT no start/stall
  • nweber
  • Jul 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
215
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
D
Is this a fuel filter?
  • Dutch74
  • Oct 2, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
7
Views
392
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Oct 21, 2025
welder4956
F
2004 Mustang GT – Fuel Pump Not Priming
  • Fayio
  • Apr 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
434
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Apr 27, 2026
n0v8or
N
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?