24 And Finally Have Stang Money!

What would you get in a year?

• Total voters

csmhowitzer

Jul 2, 2012
Royal Oak
The title for this thread is misleading. I don't have the money right now but I just landed a job that will allow me to afford one soon.

Here's the scoop. Mustangs have been my favorite muscle car since I was real young (blah blah, cliche for this forum i'm sure). What I want to figure out is what I need to know before buying a mustang. I know what I want to do with the car already.

The car I'm looking at is the 2013 GT (at minimum). I was able to get a quote from a local dealer for $30,145 with nothing extra. That would be a gt 6-speed. I test drove a GT/CS. Honestly it was sick, but it was automatic :(. That's all they had on the lot besides one of the mechanics 2007 GT500. The big selling point on what I test drove were the larger rims and the overall look and feel. The best part was the dealer let me take it out for a while. "Here's $20 it needs gas, put some in. We close at 3:30 so be back by then okay?" So yeah I took her for a spin.

I'm looking at getting a mustang for myself as a graduation present (next may). I did some math and figured that I can save up 20k from now until next summer. I have no idea how quickly the S197 mustangs depreciate, but I was thinking that what I get could hopefully be a 10-20 year car. So what I get I want to last and stay high value. I've noticed a few people on stangnet seem to trade in their cars after 3-4 years? Maybe that's the way to go. I also plan on keeping my focus for the winter, or trading that in for something else, but I plan on having a second car. So this won't be a daily driver. I live in Michigan right off of woodward. So I've seen some mustangs that have inspired what I want to do. Supercharger. I've been looking around. I have no idea what I'll have to change over all for the supercharger. I'm sure a new clutch at least.

So I'm hoping there are people on this forum who've been down a similar road. This would be my biggest purchase to date. So any tips in buying. What's worth it what can be added on later. I've looked at the track apps deal. That is really cool. I don't see it necessary, but cool. Everyone does seem to say that if you can afford the premium package get it. Idk.

So from now until next year, what should a new buyer know before buying a new bad ass mustang?

thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. Right now with some mods I think can get a '12 GT for $31k. My first mods will be a CAI and cat-back exhaust. So for 31k it's a 12 GT with mods or a 13 GT with nothing. I talked to a dealer. The ones near me didn't have a 2012 GT on the lot. So I still need to do some research.

I think that guy is a member on these forums. Did a great job showing how nice that exhaust is. Really am considering that over a cat-back, but I need the car first. ;)