• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

3" exhaust???

  • Thread starter Thread starter MYFIVE0-HO
  • Start date Start date Nov 10, 2004
M

MYFIVE0-HO

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
16
0
0
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
Nov 10, 2004
#1
  • Nov 10, 2004
  • #1
Does anyone know who makes a 3" H or X pipe with cats for long tube headers? How about a 3" cat-back? I can't seem to find anything. My engine builder says I need a full 3" exhaust system for my 408 that will hopefully be done soon. Do you guys think that I need 3"? I also had a question on the motor mounts. Should I get solid or polyurethane? Someone said that the solid ones will make my car shake really bad. Is this true? Thanks for the help.
 

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,676
1
76
Altoona, PA
Nov 10, 2004
#2
  • Nov 10, 2004
  • #2
I'd go urethane for the mounts, I have them and haven't had any issues with them. As for the exhaust... here you go. I DO think 3" would be a good idea BTW.
http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?pr...ductfor=mustang_catback&pagetype=productIndex
 
S

SlowGT

Founding Member
Jun 17, 1999
826
0
0
Columbia Co, PA
Nov 10, 2004
#3
  • Nov 10, 2004
  • #3
I'm only going 3" to the mufflers and then reusing my 2-1/2" catback. That's what Kooks and Dr.Gas recommended.

I don't know how much torque the poly mounts are good for. I'm not chancing it, I've got HPM solids to put in.

JMO
 
M

MYFIVE0-HO

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
16
0
0
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
Nov 10, 2004
#4
  • Nov 10, 2004
  • #4
Thanks for the help. Who makes a 3" h or x with cats. I am getting Kooks long tubes. I heard that they are absolutely the best from everyone I've talked to. Also who makes the best link bar roller lifters and roller rockers in your opinion? I have the XE-282HR so I think that I will go with 1.6 ratio.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Need MIL Eliminators?
  • crazyone64
  • May 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
249
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 21, 2026
GOvert
G
L
Exhaust 95 gt pypes catted x pipe
  • Lx5.0fiend
  • Aug 22, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
422
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Sep 18, 2025
revhead347
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
214
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Exhaust 1 3/4” Long Tubes on a Fox Body AOD – Easiest route?
  • 5.0 Mike
  • Mar 19, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 21, 2025
5.0 Mike
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
445
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?