Engine 347 stroker vibration

Why 5 grand?
General,
It was a dealer repair and the brand new trans got removed and torn down and the side bearings on the differential got replaced
That combined with the new wheel bearings and new CV joints all brand new ford parts and dealer techs installing them was 5k at least
The tire rebalance and scolding the guy for putting 6 cans of fix a flat in the tire was free

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

If you are going to drop the oil pan to check on crank/rods, pull the main caps and look at the bearings. I had one that vibrated much like what you are describing and the rear main bearing was shot. Surprisingly, the engine did not have a knock or loss of oil pressure. Also surprisingly, the rest of the main bearings looked fine, front to back. Only the rear, #5 was worn out. It was also a stick shift car. Weird stuff happens.

Bought a 91 foxbody with a 347 stroker, twisted wedge heads and a bunch of other goodies etc. Most of the engine, Trans etc on has 500 miles on it. Problem I'm having is a nice vibration at idle you can feel through the shifter and gets worse when you idea and rev it etc. I'm guessing there's a balance issue. The block he said is internally balanced but that would mean the balancer and flywheel need to be neutral correct? Want some info before I go taking out the Trans etc.
Yes you are correct neutral or zero ounce on the outside all the balancing is done on the inside of the motor

No just responding that's all but thanks for letting me know lol they should remove older stuff lol

Try this:

Open a new tab and go to the Google search page.

In the search window, copy/paste or type the following:

site:www.stangnet.com/ RPM vibration

That's just one of the ways you can try to use those old posts and threads to your advantage. You can also play with the search terms. In my example above, my search terms are "RPM" and "vibration". (no comments from the peanut gallery... cough... karthief) You can tack on as many search terms as you like.

Reactions: 1 user