351w in sn95 with stock hood?

• Sponsors (?)

Well i thank if i lowered the k member about 1/4'' and used a very short intake i might be able to. The 351 is about 1'' taller at the top of the intake.
If not a cobra r hood will go on.

its can be done... helped a guy do it... I got the information from a guy on the corral.. all you need is the drop mounts and sit the engine back and inch and your good.... thats how Saleen did it when they used the stock hood..

SorsCode said:
thats how Saleen did it when they used the stock hood..

Saleen actually used one of their own hoods that is raised an inch back towards the cowl. But It can be done if you use drop motor mounts, move the motor back and even shave a little off of the lower intake if you need more room.

It can't be done with a stock GT hood. But with dropped mounts and a cobra hood it can be done. Might even think about maybe shaving the lower intake a little where the upper bolts on like they did with the project fastforward fastback on rides.

Yeah I have done the shaving of the upper intake.

Any body no who makes the lowest intake?

My plain
lower k-member 1/4'' maybe 1/2''
convertible mounts (stock on these cars I thank)
And shaved intake.

Hopefully this will get it there.

Numbles said:
Saleen actually used one of their own hoods that is raised an inch back towards the cowl. But It can be done if you use drop motor mounts, move the motor back and even shave a little off of the lower intake if you need more room.

Not to argue but your correct on that but in 94 Saleen actually used the stock hood even in 95 they did but the Extractor Hood was an option...

same here... When the guy on the corral told me that I was like no way... so he gave me the instructions on what to do... so I called Saleen up back in the day and they said ya we use to stock GT/Cobra/V6 hood... go on ebay and fine yourself a Saleen for yourself.... plus it gives the great sleeper look... can't wait to get my 351 Stroker done.

BOOSTED393 said:
So seting the engine back a inch will help to. Very cool

So i should be able to get this thing to fit.

Any options on the intake?

When me and Sly did it several years ago we had lots of problems with that. But we got it to fit with the R hood. Never really tried stock hood. Man that thing was strong though. Awesome torque. Couldnt stop it from spinning out.

What kind of intake are you going to run?
A spyder might fit, I used a trick flow r and there is NO way it will fit under a stock hood(same with the edelbrock). If you move the engine back a inch you will run into exhaust,tranny, and drive line fitment issues. If the engine goes back an inch so does everything attached to it.
The exhaust will stick out an inch farther from the rear end. The tranny shifter and cross member may need to be modified. And your drive line will probably need to be shortened. Just beware of moving the engine anywhere besides up or down. I looked into all the intakes for the efi 351 and couldn't find anything that would fit under a stock 94-95 hood. Even if you do find one why would you want to chock off a 351 engine with an intake design for stock fitment not performance? Good luck with your search....

i would give it a try with a cobra intake, drop motor mount (yes vert mount are stock on all sn95's), and move it back with a k-member...at worst if it dosen't work you just need a new hood but it should work and moving everything the back an inch isn't that much of a problem for the drive line and exhuast wise just chop and inch of your cat back problem solved.

why would you want to chock off a 351 engine with an intake design for stock fitment not performance?

Well really performance will not be the problem. Just turn up the boost a little:D TT

Also I ant putting a 351 in just for the power im doing it because of the stronger block. 351 block should last a lot longer than a 302 at 500hp

I would love to keep the stock GT sleeper look and I also don’t have the money to spend on a good 302 block so staying with a 302 base engine ant a option.

Thanks so far