4 Point Harness

Red66GT

Jul 14, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Has anyone installed a 4 point seat belt harness in their stang? If so where did you mount the shoulder straps?

I'm thinking about getting a pair a Arizen racing seats and really wanna go w/ the 4 point harness.

Speaking of the Arizen racing seats, does anyone have any experience with them?

• Sponsors (?)

I actually have a 5 point. Lots of tracks are requiring them instead of 4 points. BUT, I used the stock brackets and fed the belt thru that. The shoulders I ran all the way into the trunk, which may not work for you if you have back seats. When the cage comes, they will go to the back bar.

I use RCI 4-pt 'street' belts, that go through my seat, and loop around my roll bar's cross brace. You want to be careful the height as it should be no higher than the top of your shoulders. The Autopower brand bars have a removable cross brace, there are two tabs welded on the main hoop and holes that line up. Just remove one bolt or pin on each side, that holes the brace bar to the main bar and take it out if you want more room.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/213000-213999/213657_132_full.jpg

I do not reccomend mounting the shoulder belts to the floor behind the seat if thats what you are talking about. In the event of an accident it can compress your spine and cause serious injury. I don't think it would pass tech at most tracks like that also.

Mount the shoulders to a bar or not at all.

RaSMG said:
I use RCI 4-pt 'street' belts, that go through my seat, and loop around my roll bar's cross brace. You want to be careful the height as it should be no higher than the top of your shoulders. The Autopower brand bars have a removable cross brace, there are two tabs welded on the main hoop and holes that line up. Just remove one bolt or pin on each side, that holes the brace bar to the main bar and take it out if you want more room.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/213000-213999/213657_132_full.jpg

That pic makes it look like they are mounted to that tire. :rlaugh:

s-code said:
That pic makes it look like they are mounted to that tire. :rlaugh:

Its a patented delayed impact system. In the event of a crash the tire will move up into the cross bar allowing the drivers body to move forward slightly; the sidewalls pudging into the bar further soften the impact. Cutting edge technology :rolleyes:

as mach 1872 said, if you mount them low, they can compress your spin in an accident. this is your safety here, spend the money and either buy or make a roll bar. in fact, track techs shouldnt pass you if your harness is mounted wrong.

RaSMG said:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/membe...57_132_full.jpg

please take this as some friendly advice. mount your sholder straps to the top of your bar.

4 and 5 point harnesses are not recommended for cars w/o a cage or roll bar.
Think about it for a second..
You are strapped in bolt upright and you roll the car..
Without the structural support a cage or roll bar provides you could seriously injure/kill yourself.
Wait for the cage/rollbar before installing 4 or 5 point harnesses.
Scott

53BigDog said:
I've heard of people installing the shoulder harnesses to the rear seat belt brackets. Any negatives to this?

I work for a company that sells 3, 4 and 5 pnt. belts and what we recomend is that if you have a roll cage, mount to that, but you are fine mounting to the back seats. You can even mount them to where the stock seat belts are bolted in. Just as long as you have AT LEAST a 45 degree angle you are safe. DO NOT MOUNT ANY LOWER THAN THIS! VERY DANGEROUS! :notnice: