• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

5.0 Aod Binding In Reverse

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikey gavin
  • Start date Start date Apr 11, 2015

mikey gavin

New Member
Apr 11, 2015
10
0
1
Apr 11, 2015
#1
  • Apr 11, 2015
  • #1
Hey guys I'm new to the sight I have a 90 5oh that I'm having some trouble with it shifting when I first take it out for the day it holds in first gear till I get on it and then it shifts. it seems to shift fine after that but today I noticed it felt like the Tranny or the rear end was hanging up. When I put it in reverse its almost feels like I have a brake hanging up. But I know it's not.. I jacked it up and started it in neutral and the wheels spun I put it in drive and the wheels spun I put it in reverse and the spun then hung up then spun then hung up. When I gave it gas you could hear some winning noise in the transmission. Anybody have any idea what's going on?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Drivetrain How much resistance, if any at all, is normal on a new 1st gear and synchro on a WC T5 transmission?
  • sleep-e
  • Jan 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
309
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 22, 2026
sleep-e
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
291
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Drivetrain 83’ Glx convertible C5 Trans help!
  • JacksonJared2113
  • Dec 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 26, 2025
JacksonJared2113
C
Drivetrain T-5 transmission issue
  • Ch3No2
  • Jul 11, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
442
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2025
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?