• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech

5.0 Axle Backs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hg80Design
  • Start date Start date Nov 19, 2010

Hg80Design

Member
Mar 18, 2008
68
0
6
Houston, TX
Nov 19, 2010
#1
  • Nov 19, 2010
  • #1
I am looking to purchase axleback exhaust for my 5.0. I have watched almost every video I can find but was hoping you guys can give me more specific answers.

I am down to the Flowmaster Hushpowers and the Roush. I enjoy the sound I have heard from both I have no clue just how loud they are in person and during normal driving.

I understand both will be loud during reving but how do they sound during the daily commute or pulling out of your driveway. I don't want to annoy the neighbors and the community I live in can be a pain about these things.
 

billfisher

Active Member
Jul 17, 2005
1,296
4
38
huntsville, AL
Nov 19, 2010
#2
  • Nov 19, 2010
  • #2
roush is loud but not much drone. hushpowers drone. i have roush.
 

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Nov 20, 2010
#3
  • Nov 20, 2010
  • #3
Steedas are out? Mine are almost stock quiet unless u first start car or rev her up
RC
 

Hg80Design

Member
Mar 18, 2008
68
0
6
Houston, TX
Nov 20, 2010
#4
  • Nov 20, 2010
  • #4
How is the fitment and quality on the Steeda's.

Are the Roush neighborhood disturbing loud or just muscle car loud.
 

captbill51

Member
Aug 19, 2010
69
0
7
Acton, MA
Nov 21, 2010
#5
  • Nov 21, 2010
  • #5
Corsa features NO DRONE on the turnpike
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0206.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 196

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
May 7, 2002
11,178
13
89
Ernan Says "here it comes... dushbag"
Nov 21, 2010
#6
  • Nov 21, 2010
  • #6
Hg80: fit is dead on balls accurate. Quality is top notch (made by Borla), and sound is awesome. I have a thread posted about it.
RC
 
R

RochesterGT

New Member
Jul 18, 2006
52
0
0
Penfield, NY
Nov 22, 2010
#7
  • Nov 22, 2010
  • #7
I have hushpower's sitting in my garage, can't wait to install them.
 

airborne89

New Member
Nov 4, 2010
3
0
0
Peoria, AZ
Nov 22, 2010
#8
  • Nov 22, 2010
  • #8
Hg80Design said:
How is the fitment and quality on the Steeda's.

Are the Roush neighborhood disturbing loud or just muscle car loud.
Click to expand...

I have the Roush and love them. Fit and finish are perfect, look amazing and makes the car sound like it should. No drone at all and smooth at cruising speed. If you don't really get on it when shifting they are pretty quiet then too. But when you step on it people will notice you.

Don't know about disturbing the neighborhood regularly but on a cold start up they are a bit loud. lol But settle down quick. Can't say enough good about them.
 

southernmustangparts

New Member
Sep 2, 2007
46
1
0
Atlanta, GA
Nov 22, 2010
#9
  • Nov 22, 2010
  • #9
Look me up when you make your decision.

I'll try and work you up a nice deal!

Ken
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
531
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
447
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
N
Metal Chunk in Oil
  • nlord
  • Nov 15, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
230
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 15, 2025
nlord
N
New gal in San Diego
  • Mustang Momma
  • Feb 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
244
The Welcome Wagon Feb 11, 2026
Mcmahst
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
168
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?