• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

5.0 resto ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 215what
  • Start date Start date Sep 6, 2005
2

215what

New Member
Apr 14, 2005
154
0
0
NM
Sep 6, 2005
#1
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #1
I orderd from 5.0 resto and they gave me a confirmation # and that's it, I have order from them in the past and I would get an Email of a tracking #, but this time I did'int is this a new thing or should I call them?
 

Pokageek

Active Member
Jun 10, 2005
2,767
0
46
MA, USA
Sep 6, 2005
#2
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #2
Always better to call rather than be waiting forever to get your part in my -o. I have ordered from them and never had any trouble if that helps.
 

CManT1914

New Member
Feb 5, 2004
3,172
2
0
Killeen, Texas
Sep 6, 2005
#3
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #3
Obviously they won't send you a tracking number until the stuff ships, when did you order the stuff?
 

bubba-dough

Active Member
Dec 28, 2004
1,044
2
38
Indiana
Sep 6, 2005
#4
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #4
It may just be a glitch in the system or the system may have a delay in it. You won't get a # until it has a shipping label on it. Also they could be behind due to the holiday weekend. Sometimes I won't get my #'s from Summit until the day its suppose to show up. But yeah a phone call never hurts.
 
2

215what

New Member
Apr 14, 2005
154
0
0
NM
Sep 6, 2005
#5
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #5
I order one week ogo
 

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
1,797
3
48
ohio
Sep 6, 2005
#6
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #6
Whatever you ordered is probably on backorder. I would give them a call to find out whats up.
 

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
2,878
1
0
Davenport, IA
Sep 6, 2005
#7
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #7
i hate 50resto
 

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
1,940
3
36
North Carolina
Sep 6, 2005
#8
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #8
super302 said:
i hate 50resto
Click to expand...

 

Zero Signal

Active Member
Feb 24, 2003
2,633
2
46
Tucson, AZ
Sep 6, 2005
#9
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #9
I've always had good experiences with them But recently I noticed there site was down for a long time, not sure whats up.
 

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
2,878
1
0
Davenport, IA
Sep 6, 2005
#10
  • Sep 6, 2005
  • #10
50% of the products i've got from them are pure JUNK, terrible quality, then 20% of the stuff i ordered was on backorder and they never called me, i forgot all about it and had to call 2 months after i ordred and they were like "um, ya its on backorder"
the shipping is pretty quick though
oh ya, they NEVER answer their emails either, you HAVE TO call them if you have a problem
 

illwood

Member
Apr 3, 2004
636
1
19
Worcester, MA
Sep 8, 2005
#11
  • Sep 8, 2005
  • #11
Well, I called them to check stock on some parts I was ordering for my fox tb swap and I found out that they had raised the price on the cruise cable by $10. The website still had the old price so I just ordered online.

Also, the accelerator cable for foxes was $59.95 from 5.0 Resto vs. the dealer that wanted around $80 for it. When i opened the box, I found that the cable was OEM Ford
 

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
3,263
0
66
st.louis mo 314
Sep 8, 2005
#12
  • Sep 8, 2005
  • #12
All the parts I have gotten form 50resto were gen. Ford parts, except for the new front headlight braket support that was labeled(sp?) repo.

I have never had an issue with 50resto.
 
2

215what

New Member
Apr 14, 2005
154
0
0
NM
Sep 8, 2005
#13
  • Sep 8, 2005
  • #13
What happend to lens cover for our gauges I need that part, mine's missing.
 

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
3,464
1
69
Syracuse, NY
Sep 8, 2005
#14
  • Sep 8, 2005
  • #14
50resto has always been good to me
 
M

Mac-man

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
300
0
0
south texas
Sep 8, 2005
#15
  • Sep 8, 2005
  • #15
i deal with them and only them before going to anyone else. they always treat me right and help me out the best they can. i would definately call them to see whats up but like someone mentioned earlier they wont send u the tracking number until it is actually being shipped. one thing they have always been bad about is the backorder parts, they always manage to not let u know. and the site has been down as of lately because they are redoing it. they get so much traffic now they had to upgrade the site, to better serve everyone, or at least thats what i was told.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Misfire
  • Mike3
  • May 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
119
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 30, 2026
Mike3
M
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
452
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
M
Hello all, I am new to this forum
  • Maddog 302
  • Dec 19, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
265
The Welcome Wagon Dec 20, 2025
nickyb
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
217
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?