5.0L experts; need help

5.Ohhno

Dec 30, 2003
On my recent 1000 mile drive, my car flashed a check engine code. At that time i noticed major "missing" or stumbling under acceleration and at constant speed, more noticeable at highway speeds. I used my diagnostic computer and got some emissions codes, which i dont pay too much attention too because i have gotten them before, but this time i got a 95 O,C. Which in my book that came with the computer and my chiltons show as a "Fuel Pump Secondary circuit failure" (chiltons says ECA to Ground).

What is wrong? and What should i do to fix this? The car runs, but I have A LOT more distance driving to do, and need to fix it soon, and i dont want to get stranded, and also the performance sucks...Any help would be awsome!

92 GT, engine stock
Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Code 95 - engine off - Fuel pump: open, bad ground or always on - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits
Memory (stored codes) - Possible bad fuel pump ground or open between fuel pump and pin 8 at PCM (Fuel Pump Monitor signal) - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits

To help troubleshoot the 95 code , follow this link for a wiring diagram http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif

Using the diagram, check the red/black wire from the fuel pump relay: you should see 12 volts or so. If not, check the inertia switch: on a hatch it is on the drivers side by the taillight. Look for a black rubber plug that pops out: if you don't find it, then loosen up the plastic trim. Check for voltage on both sides of the switch. If there is voltage on both sides, then check the Pink/black wire on the fuel pump relay: it is the power feed to the fuel pump. Good voltage there, then the fuel pump is the likely culprit since it is getting power. No voltage there, check the Orange/lt blue wire, it is the power feed to the fuel pump relay & has a fuse link in it. Good voltage there & at the Pink/black wire, swap the relay.