65 CONVERT 347 HEADERS

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what else is out there now but when I put my 347 in my 66 in 03' the best thigh available was Hooker Super Comps 1 5/8" primary's and 3" collectors and they just barely fit with TCP solid motor mounts. I mean they almost touch both shock towers.....

Agreed about the engine bays. Apples to oranges, but these are 65 to 71 sbf headers. I can put 3 fingers between the headers and upper control arm bolt/stud on a 68. There wouldn't be any problem fitting them to a 65/6. Besides the quality I like the fact they don't hang lower than my frame rails. Downside is the price. Worth a looksee.

TomB, Prices are at the bottom of the page. Starting at $435 for nickel plating... Each set is made to order. Nothing off the shelf.

Look for the 65 to 73, Mustang/Cougar (new), 289,302,347 stroker w-standard head/Dart/Canfield/AFR. Step header. Click the link and theres a picture. The step starts as a 1 5/8 header and bumps to a 1 3/4 header after the 90* bend. This SUPOSSEDLY broadens the torque curve. I did have this exhaust on a stock 289 and the increase (SOTP) over stock exhaust manifolds was amazing. I didn't think it would make that big a difference.

Iskwezm, I think Accufab can build you some 1 3/4 headers. But I'd think you'd have more of a problem with traction than exhaust. LOL Wicked ride!